Ways to Experience Milford Sound
from $92.00
from $99.14
from $127.66
5,692 results
All reviews new zealand mitre peak south island southern discoveries homer tunnel mirror lakes nature cruise boat trip long drive sunny day underwater observatory tasman sea real journeys bucket list on the rocks saw seals hour drive
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hard part about writing this review is that there is very little you can say except that it is stunning, beautiful and one of the must see things in NZ.

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Amazing. Gorgeous. Awe inspiring. All these come to mind. I am from the US and have never been in a sound before. We took a boat tour of the sound in the winter. Even bundled up, it was a wonderful experience. Being on the water surrounded by majestic mountains is something I will never forget. We even saw penguins and seal pups. The drive from Te Anau to Milford Sound is amazing as well. A must see for anyone visiting or living in NZ! My 3 yr old and 1 yr old loved it just as much as my husband and I.

Date of experience: July 2012
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Don't worry about the rain, that is what makes the area so incredibly beautiful! The day cruise to the end to see the fur seals and the stop at the "Aquarium" was such a treat! No wonder it is such a popular place to see and a world heritage site! AMAZING!!

Date of experience: March 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

As a part of my New Zealand experience I have decided to go and visit Milford Sound as it was recommended by everyone I've met on this trip. And I must say that I didn't regret taking almost 6 hours car drive to go from Te Anau and back. Driving to Milford sound is amazing experience. We started off in Te Anau on a cloudy morning. Driving along the lake was amazing and soon the sun came out as well. (I don't understand why would New Zealanders want to build monorail to cut out this beautiful trip along Te Anau lake). Just before we entered the tunnel the nature showed its power again - the wind and the rain and the clouds were fantastic. When we came on a boat it was still raining. We took Real Journeys Nature cruise and it was incredible. Because of strong rain over the last couple of days the waterfalls were majestic. On the part of the journey the dolphins joined us and played around our boat. We also saw seals posing on the rocks and jumping into the water as the boat came nearer. The ocean was wild, big waves were rocking the boat so we had great fun. As we turned back into the Sound suddenly all the clouds were blown away and the sun came out.
It was great experience.

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

hard to beat when it rains and the 600 waterfalls pour off the highest sea cliffs in the world,
stupifying scenery.... how the mountains stay up with their vertical sides is beyond me.
when the weathers good you get noise from planes flying up and down the fjord

Date of experience: December 2012