“Great experience”

Westray Adventures - Quad Bikes
Ranked #6 of 33 Tours in Te Anau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A great trip just 5 minutes from Te Anau. Experience 360 degree views of New Zealand's spectacular Fiordland landscape from Horse back or Quad Bike. Beautiful horses or Honda ATVs are available for all levels of rider experience and your guide is a wealth of information on the local area.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very nice and calm horses and beatiful surroundings. it was a great ride for beginners like me and at a good price too. depending on weather it can be good to bring a warm sweater and a pair of gloves since it can be a little windy up on the hills.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I decided to make my wish come true to mount a horse for the first time in late November 2012... Emma picked me up in Te Anau, and we drove to her farm, where I made friends with Mr Lippy, a calm and understanding horse who was my companion in this adventure. Emma is a lovely woman, she explained everything I wanted (or needed...) to know about horses, and we had a lot of topics to talk about during our 2,5 hours trip. The farm is surrounded by a beautiful landscape, so we had some very nice views during our trip. I liked it that Emma took some pictures of me on Mr Lippy's back, it is a very good souvenir. All in all I highly recommend this attraction, it is good value for money, very relaxing and informative at the same time, and very close to nature. All the best for Emma and her family!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I were tossing up between this horse trek and the lord of the rings/hobbit trek in Queenstown. We're glad we picked this one. Andy offered to pick us up at our hotel but we drove ourselves instead and came out and greeted us when we arrived. He had 3 german girls working on his farm who took us on the trail. They were friendly yet experienced and knew what would be the most fun for us. After about 1.5 hours trekking we rested the horses and had a spectacular view of fiordland - you could even see some areas were the hobbit/LORT movies were shot from afar. They gave us some drinks/snacks.

The horses were great. I'm 6"2 and weigh 92kg and have had trouble with horse rides in the past where they advertise up to 100kg but we turn up and the horses can't take my weight. He was big, strong, but very accepting of a beginner rider. All the horses were great and I can see he goes to a great effort to ensure he has a variety of horses all fit for horse trekking. Trail was great, bit of variation so you get to actually direct the horses. Insects weren't a problem and we went in summer.

Great price too - can't beat it. Definitely a recommended activity if you're staying in Te Anau. Probably enjoyed this more than the Sounds.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We tried this activity in te anau wishing that it will allow us to discover the te anau lake in an other way than walking around.

In Few words we was just amazed by this horse trek.

Andy, the owner, came to pick up us at the hotel, provided us with equipment, good advises and beautifull nice and calm horses.

All went like a charm, the points of view was excellent, a short stop was done to have a drink and snack in the top of a hill with a majestic view of the lake and mountains.

Honnestly a very nice activity I recommand to all readers

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a great ride with the fantastic view of Te Anau all the time.
The horses were friendly and the operator very nice!
I will do it again next time I'll be there.

Thanks again for a very nice day!