“Best Day Ever”

Highride Adventures
Ranked #16 of 33 Tours in Te Anau
More attraction details
Owner description: Highride Adventures is based in the Te Anau basin on a working 700 acre sheep, deer and cattle farm where we run our horse treks. Our quad bike tours run on a 2800 acre property of rough back country that covers some Lord Of The Rings territory, overlooking Lake Te Anau and surrounds. Do you want double the Adventure? Be whisked away in a Helicopter after a thrilling ride on the quad bikes with our Heli-Quad adventure. Get even more thrills with our quad bike-horse trek combo. Our commitment to you is to provide personal but professional experiences on horseback and quad bike whilst showcasing the beautiful Te Anau area.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I took my daughter Jessica for a Horse Trek and decided on the River crossing adventure. Lisa our Guide was full of information and talked to us both during our ride. The horses were beautiful and friendly and a pleasure to ride. The smiles and pleasure on Jessicas face was well worth the experience and we are coming back another day. Jessica is planning our next ride already. Thank you for a great day from Denise and Jessica

There are newer reviews for Highride Adventures

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband has extensive horse-riding experience and I have little experience but that mattered little because Highride had horses to match our skills. Melissa was our tour guide for a 3-hour ride around a private working farm property. Melissa was safety-oriented, professional, and friendly. As it happened, we were the only ones scheduled for the ride that particular day so had the benefit of what felt like a private tour with a local friend. Melissa led us through various terrain, including a water crossing, and allowed us to change up the pace as much or as little as we wished so it didn't feel like we were on a nose-to-bum trail ride. I highly recommend Highride as horseback riding adds another dimension to experiencing the beauty of the Fiordland landscape.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband, mother in law (70) and I were in NZ for Christmas holiday. We had one more day left in Te Anau and decided to horseback ride. I told my MIL a white lie and said it was a 1 hour trek vs. a 3 hour trek but she loved every moment as did I. Sure, you see gorgeous sights while driving throughout NZ but via horseback you see so much more. Plus going through the valley of lupins, the scent was amazing. More over, Aaron, the owner, was extremely friendly and professional. We stopped mid way to rest and had home made snacks. Given that all activities in NZ are quite expensive this one was priced at a very reasonable rate. I would highly recommend horse trekking with Highride Adventures and would do it again! Oh and the horses are all well taken care of, another plus!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went quad biking on a track probably one of the highlights of my trip! rained a wee bit but was all part of the fun big puddles. Never had done quad biking before super keen to do it again!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was to my pleasant surprise one of my favorite, or possibly my very favorite NZ activity. The family biz offers amazing hospitality, and the local feel and care of the owners makes this really feel like a special NZ activity. Very highly recommended!