“Delicious, flaky chicken satay pie!”
Review of Miles Better Pies

Miles Better Pies
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Te Anau
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed December 4, 2013

What a delicious meal, and at such great value! My husband and I tried 2 pies - the venison pie (which I chose because I should have venison at least once in NZ), and the chicken satay pie, which was recommended by the girl at the counter. Such hot, flaky pies for only about $6! The chicken satay pie was our favorite, and I wish we had asked for another recommendation rather than going with the venison. It's not that it wasn't good - I think I'm just not a gigantic fan of venison. We also got coffee and a cappuccino, which were good. Friendly service, good pies - I only wish we had found them earlier and had brought some pies along with us on our day long tour of Milford Sound!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place knocked our socks off. Pies piping hot, teaming with meat, excellent pastry and great spices. we went 2x in 4 days.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

loved this place! bought 5 pies from there over a short 2 day stay in town. loved the lamb, and venison, and bacon&eggs.

everything is under 7 dollars, and well cooked. A great breakfast option!

2  Thank Danielle A
Reviewed November 24, 2013

we were told by a local that these pies were unusally good.

We had Lamb and mint and Thai Chicken and were not disappointed

Thanks Sean for the nod..!!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We normally check out restaurants on Trip Advisor but haven't been able to much in NZ because we often don't have internet and we're mostly cooking for ourselves in a Camper! However, we stopped by Miles Better Pies when we arrive in Te Anau because we were hungry and wanted to wander along the front!

OMG!

These are the best pies I have ever had. We both had the venison which was simply gorgeous. The pastry isn't too heavy or too flaky, it's just right and the filling was lovely and tasty with beautiful velvety gravy and lean meat (big chunks of meat too)!

Given we enjoyed them so much we stopped by again on our way back from Milford and bought two Lamb & Mint pies cold to heat up later. I can confirm we now have a new favourite! They heated up well which was surprising and lost none of their appeal at all. The lamb was tender and lean and the mint was slight and not over-powering!

If you're in Te Anau, this is a must try! They do all sorts of pies from meat to veggie to fruit so no excuse not to stop in and say hello!

The lady who runs it is also really friendly and cheerful!

I cannot recommend this place enough!

2  Thank Beau2010