Edgewater Motel
$133
Explorer Motel & Apartments(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$75
$63
Agoda.com
Arran Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$87
$78
$118
$109
$110
$89
Orbitz.com
Aden Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$79
$66
$161
$155
Orbitz.com
ASURE Amber Court Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$80
$74
Agoda.com
Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
$37
$31
$61
All reviewsgreat locationmilford sounddated decorshort walk to the town centrelaundry facilitytwo bedroom unitstayed for one nightwould definitely stay here againelectric blanketsenjoyed our staycooking facilitieseasy walkliving areabeautiful lakecouple of nightsgreat place to staytwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are light and clean, have very good cooking facilities, and the motel is located in walking distance to the (small) centre of Te Anau. Staff is friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I stayed here as a base for going to Milford Sound instead of going straight from Queenstown. I enjoyed Te Anau tremendously.
I really wanted to like this motel as the motel manager was responsive and helpful to my email enquiries and also friendly when we checked in.
However, I have to admit that i was very disappointed with the family room that we had. I had thought that it would be furnished in the modern style I saw on pictures on the motel website. However, I guess that was some other room in the motel because the family room looked rather shabby and old with '70s decor, definitely not worth the price I paid for it, although accommodation at Te Anau seemed rather pricey compared to other places in the South Island like Hokitika.
The family room is a unit by itself on an upper floor. There is a small kitchenette with a stove and the usual amenities, with dining table; separated from the living area which had a television. There was 1 room with a double bed and another with 2 single beds, as well as a bath tub / toilet. Although the furniture and fittings looked old, everything except for the carpet looked clean.
As the motel people had told me, there is no lake view from this room; One side faces the car park and an adjacent motel as well as a few mountains in the distance; another side looks out onto the garden of another building. The lack of a lake view was a real pity as the motel is well situated in front of the lake and it would have been wonderful to have a room with a beautiful lake view.
It is situated reasonably near to the town restaurants (the La Toscana is highly recommended - we went there twice in two days). It is also an approximately 10 minute drive to the Te Anau Golf Club which is very nice with lovely views of the mountains and lake.
I would recommend staying at this motel but only in the room with the huge balcony overlooking the lake.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2009

the motel was clean and the owner was very nice but it was deffinately not worth the $165.00 per night we paid for the room as i stayed at the novotel in queenstown best room in the house for $200.00 per night, if your just after a bed and a clean room this is the one for you

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Stayed 2 nights whilst touring and had a ground floor room with open views of the grounds, lake. Good location - either 2/3 minutes drive to town or about 20+ minutes walk along the waterside. Didn't try the restaurant but it looked to have a decent menu range. Room of a good size, clean and well serviced. Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We were a group of six and stayed in the villa near the back of the hotel. We had two bedrooms and a split bath with a very large shower and double vanity in one room and a toilet/sink in the other. Our kitchen was fantastic- very large and fully equipped. It was the perfect place to rest for a couple of days after the Routeburn Track and heading over to Doubtful Sound for kayaking. We even had a rose garden in our backyard and Robin was incredibly friendly and helpful. I'd easily recommend the villa to any groups looking for a great stay in Te Anau. My only complaint was the pull out couch- I think it's time for an upgrade :)

• Stayed: March 2009