“Consistently outstanding!”

The Fat Duck
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Te Anau
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cosy, inviting atmosphere serving great local cuisine, coffee and drinks.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

While staying in Te Anau my husband and I ate here 3 different times and loved it every time. While always busy, they do a good job of attending to you as quickly as possible. They do take bookings, and I would suggest putting a booking in. However, their lamb is absolutely heavenly. They have great drinks, wonderful coffee, and the food was so delicious. One of the best restaurants in Te Anau!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I had just completed two day kayak and wild camp trip on Doubtful Sound and were pretty hungry having eaten only dried food the previous night. I normally get over faced when presented with a huge plate of food but have to say there wasn't even a lettuce leaf left on my plate. Excellent service and reasonably priced wine also helped.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great food and staff here. Portions a good size and a reasonable price. The place was busy but the staff remained attentive and had time to chat to our kids and get to know them a little.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Going into the cafe was a huge mistake. We only found out how expensive it was when it was too late. We were there for lunch and the prices were around $30-$35 for a lunch dish! Rediculous! We only ended up taking starters which were still very expensive but the food it self was quite good. I wasn't really too happy with the service either. Not going back.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The food was nothing short of the great reviews we found prior to the Te Anau Lodge "highly" recommending it! A bit pricey, but well worth it! Book ahead if it's a weekend in the summer months. Best restaurant in town!