The lodge is brilliant with views that give you the wow feeling, you stand on the balcony / decking and look out over the harbour and it gives you the feeling of bliss, it's just great. Rooms are newly updated and are perfect with their new smart decor, and with the added bonus of having its own dressing room with fridge and dressing stand, bathrooms are also newly updated and the deep bath a real treat after long days of walking up and down some steep hills, cannot praise it enough. Breakfast is provided in a communal dining room where in the evening if you wish you can go and sit / read or simply watch TV. You can if you wish cook your own evening meal as everything is there for your use, also provided is a complete laundry service of washing machine/dryer. Brilliant place to enjoy your stay on Stewart Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stewart Island Lodge is one of New Zealand's southernmost lodges. With expansive views out to sea and over Halfmoon Bay the lodge is ideally situated on a hill just a five minute walk from the village. Its gardens are home to many native birds, including kaka (native parrots), which may be viewed from the terrace. Stewart Island Lodge is an up-market and peaceful B&B, nestled in native bush and provides a stunning setting and a well-appointed place to relax. We are open 1 Aug - 31 May. At other times of the year (June & July), Stewart Island Lodge is available for group bookings for up to 12 people (6 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and BBQ). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stewart Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stewart Island Hotel Stewart Island
- Stewart Island Lodge South Island