We stayed at the lodge on 26th and 27th November 2012 and were very disappointed as we were lead to believe that it was fully hosted and full breakfast. This was not the case and the rooms were not cleaned each day and the breakfast was very poor with little choice and not enough for the guests that were there. The garden was terribly overgrown and not accessible.
After 2pm each day there was no one around to contact if needed.
Overall very disappointing.
Fortunately the rest of the time on the Island was great the four of us had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stewart Island Lodge is one of New Zealand's southernmost lodges. With expansive views out to sea and over Halfmoon Bay the lodge is ideally situated on a hill just a five minute walk from the village. Its gardens are home to many native birds, including kaka (native parrots), which may be viewed from the terrace. Stewart Island Lodge is an up-market and peaceful B&B, nestled in native bush and provides a stunning setting and a well-appointed place to relax. We are open 1 Aug - 31 May. At other times of the year (June & July), Stewart Island Lodge is available for group bookings for up to 12 people (6 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and BBQ). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stewart Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stewart Island Hotel Stewart Island
- Stewart Island Lodge South Island