“Amazing food, drinks and service”
Review of The World Bar

The World Bar
Ranked #72 of 303 Restaurants in Queenstown
Description: First established in 1996, we're finally open again after a fire that started in a neighbouring business burnt our iconic bar to the ground in 2013 . The World Bar of today is now the ultimate spot for après, food, the best burgers in Queenstown, teapot cocktails, craft beer (11 on tap alone) and all sorts of quirky events and night time shindiggery. This is truly the locals spot in Queenstown with the sunniest beer garden and all weather options if the weather turns a bit nasty.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is my first time to this place, recommended by my friends and I am blown away. The fish and chips was awesome but what really blew me away was the fried chicken and waffles!
They serve the cocktail in a teapot (which is interesting) and the balance of the alcohol and mixers is fantastic!
Price is average and the portion, is good for 2 if you are an Asian or small eater.
I will drop by again when I visit Queenstown without a doubt!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We were looking for a place for lunch and decided to stop in here, unsure of what to expect. What a great place! Such good atmosphere - we did sit outside under the heaters as the inside music was quite loud, but that is not a complaint, we just felt like being a little quieter! It was a Friday lunch so not too busy.

We started with the teapot cocktails - cocktails that arrive in a teapot and come with a shot glass. It certainly feels as though the cocktail goes on forever that way! Very good cocktails and quirky touch!

The food was absolutely delicious! A wide selection of burgers, Mexican or fish & chips - definitely something for everyone and every dish was excellent. The staff are very friendly - and satisfyingly worldly too!

It was a cold rainy day and we spent quite a few hours here - enjoying every minute! Very pleased we visited!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My original review of tonight wouldn’t post despite no swear words. But to the owners or World Bar, Rich,Iera, Lies, Justin, Cuillen, Katie, Alexis, Hairy Justin, Chad, and Hayleigh were nothing but the best. I know it’s a lot to say your entire staff were amazing but they were. Ask them for more information about the customers that weren’t ideal and how they handled it. Will be back next time!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

My family come here a least twice a month, we love this place- the children always go for the fish and chips, my husband has the special daily burger and my favourite are the Vegan kimchi fries, Vegan Pulled Jackfruit and fries and Vegan Tostadas. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Lots of good vego/ vegan options with the warm quinoa salad and a tea pot a definite must! Thank you Justin for the recommendations and great service :)

Date of visit: July 2018