“Great atmosphere & winning food”

Prime Waterfront Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #101 of 262 Restaurants in Queenstown
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Prime Waterfront Restaurant and Bar in Queenstown offers lake-side dining with panoramic views of Queenstown’s lake and mountains. Open daily, Prime welcomes guests for lunch from 12.00 and for dinner from 5 pm. On sunny afternoons a lake-side table is the ideal spot from which to watch the activities around Queenstown Bay. We are a high quality restaurant and bar serving New Zealand cuisine specialising in a variety of beef cut steak, lamb, venison, duck, fish and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We wern´t sure about this restaurant after ready some reviews but it was recommended to us. We hadnt made a booking and when we arrived the restaurant looked full so thought we were out of luck but the waitress opened up some curtains to a seperate dinning area so we managed to get a window seat at the back of the restaurant. Instead of entrees we started with some awesome cocktails, so many good things on menu but the duck was the winner and was happy to see creme brulee on the dessert menu, great finish while the sun set.

There are newer reviews for Prime Waterfront Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed November 2, 2012

starter was very poor ,main was good and desert was tiny 4 bites for 12.50.so many better places in queenstown so why bother with this at best average restaurant.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to dinner at Prime with a group of about 20 people and the service did not cope. The waiter tried to take my order before I had been given a menu, whisked my wine glass away (before the food had arrived) without offering me another drink and talked-back to another member of my party that had requested that his cold and undercooked lamb rack be cooked for a little longer. The food took roughly an hour and a half to arrive and was disappointing. I had the soup special which was an over-salted tomato soup with half a slice of toast on the side.

1  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had never dined at Prime but thought that I needed to change that so off we went. My experience was similar to what other people appear to have had, the service was sub-standard, the food poor, and the price relatively high.

I would have probably gone back and not bothered to even write a review, but the attitude of whomever responds to these reviews is appalling and in one case just outright lies - I see that someone complained about their Christmas Lunch, which Prime replied that they were closed on Xmas day - a quick google search shows that they were in fact open - why lie?

And then accusing someone of not actually going to Prime but to another restaurant.

Anyway, all in all it was so-so.

1  Thank eating_eater
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My 2012 experience was only my third at Prime and they've been consistently excellent. I had the steak this time around and it was absolutely perfectly cooked with delicious sides. For a special night out or just to treat yourself, go check out Prime on the lake. Brilliant.