“Very average compared to last visit”

Pig And Whistle Pub
Ranked #98 of 265 Restaurants in Queenstown
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Queenstown's original English pub, located in the heart of town, is a favourite with locals and visitors alike!
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very disappointed. We were seated upstairs and there was one waitress having to serve the entire area including running up and down the stairs for drinks. The food took approx 45mins to come out and I had a roast which was horribly dry and cold, which I think I just got a bad one as others looked like it was burning their mouths. However my partner really enjoyed his steak, perfectly cooked!
We had been their a couple of years ago and were very impressed so went again to be very disappointed

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We sat down for dinner outside next to the fire, lovely setting but that's all the good we can mention. The table was filthy with cigarette ash and drink spills and wasn't wiped.
Our meals were awful. My parter ordered the lamb with chive mouse type stuff ontop and a potato assortment and it was really tasteless.
I ordered the calamari with chips and salad - again was bland and very heavy on the oil. I'm a big salad eater and couldn't eat the side salad - the tomatoes were mushy and horrible.

This was our first meal out in queenstown and were very disappointed. Wouldn't recommend it for dinner.

1  Thank Jazzself
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Not only was my meal stone cold when it came out from the kitchen, the inexperienced staff were rude and not willing to cooperate.
My beer was flat and tasted out of date.

Give the Pig a miss. 'Pog Mahones' is a better pub on the waterfront and serves a delicious steak!

1  Thank lucaselectrical
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Go early to get a seat , the crowds seem to hit this place as soon as they get back from a day at the snow. Great atmosphere and a diverse menu , enough to keep the kids happy as well.
I had the Pork Belly in Jamaican gravy with cous cous , one of the best meals I had during my week long trip to NZ.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good little pub with something for everyone. Families and couples alike were comfy there. Cheap drinks and good selection of food options