“It was okay!!!”

Minami Jujisei Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 267 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are shown as a Japanese Restaurant, but for the last few days our business doesn't show on Tripadviser. but is shown in the desert section. Is there any reason for this. Kindly check and advise
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went in for dinner after hearing good things. The staff seemed okay and the restaurant was warm...the food was okay...I actually have nothing much to say but it was okay!!!...

1  Thank KCqt1966

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My second time at Minami and I really enjoyed it. Very friendly and welcoming staff, food and beverages were great. I did eat the grilled mussels as a starter and had the salmon and tuna platter as a main. Nicely presented, fresh and tasty. I tried the Japanese rice based Wodka too and loved it. My friend had a Crayfish hotpot which was amazing. Any time again!

1  Thank DBurning
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Decided to stop by for dinner after reading its positive reviews. I'm not sure what the rave reviews were about because I think the food was neither good nor bad. In fact, if I could be more honest, I would lean towards more to say it's bad :-(

I had chicken udon and sushi. Can't remember exactly which sushi, but it's not really a good sushi. The udon was good, but the sushi rice was very mushy and didn't taste very fresh. Service was ok.

I left with the feeling of regret that I should have chosen other restaurant instead. I will not go back in my next visit to QT because there are many good restaurants around.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The food here is rather authentic, not one of those budget sushi bars where you get factory-made cold and hard sushi rolls. Me and my husband were glad that we went to try it, as it's a nice surprise for a trip filled with grills and chips. It's a warm and heartening meal for the cold winter here. We ordered the Buta Nabe (pork belly hot pot) and some sushi rolls and the waffle dessert. All tasted great and the service is rather friendly. I will definitely recommend it.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We loved the Crayfish Miso. For something a little surprising, try the crayfish sashimi - we expect you'll be telling your friends and family about it too!