“To die for”

Ranked #57 of 262 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: European, Pizza, New Zealand
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The views are truly overwhelming from this establishment... lake, mountains, township, and weather. It not only provides the backdrop to handsomely styled interiors, but permeates the very essence of Lombardi’s raison d’être. Three unique spaces comprise this signature hotel restaurant offering an array of dining styles to suit mood and moment.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My partner and I had the most delicious wood fired lasagna from here. So good, that I doubt i will ever forget the taste. words just cannot give it justice. The staff were so friendly and the barman, well he knew how to make some spectacular drinks. If i am ever in Queenstown again, I will definatley be going back.

2  Thank Phill S
There are newer reviews for Lombardi

Reviewed May 7, 2013

if you are looking for flash dinner and drinks with your friends this is the place to be.... amazing food, great portion size and perfect taste (at least for my palate) french bartender made some lovely cocktails for us and even person who was serving us made sure things are going right all the time.

its definitely one of the best places for locals where they can get value for money

2  Thank Likhil
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went for dinner a few weeks ago with a couple of friends. We had some very nice cocktails at the bar and enjoyed the view over the lake, town and the Remarks, beautiful! We got seated at our table by the fire in the library, lovely atmosphere. Food was really yummy and we received excellent service and attention from all staff. The wine list is extensive, so is the cocktail list and I guess you have a choice for all budgets. Great deals for locals as well. A must do restaurant while you are in Queenstown. We will come back!!

2  Thank labonnebouffe_13
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Recently had dinner here. The restaurant is in the St Moritz hotel (the hotel is on a very steep hill which we walked up - what an effort!) and is quite an original fun design but we were sat in what looked like an overflow space as the restaurant was quite busy. This space was quite nice too and had a quiet ambience which looked promising until a loud mouth (Australian?) chap and girl came in and for the rest of the evening we and I think all of Queenstown knew his business and his crass opinons in a ridiculous effort to impress this girl. However, I digress...

The efficient waiter advised us of a special the restaurant was running - buy a starter and main course and desert and coffee were compilmentary. This seemed like a good deal however, it excluded the woodfire pizza menu. We really fancied a pizza that evening so declined.

Our starters were good if a little pretentious - mine had 'croissant dust' on it (aka crumbs from probably left over breakfast croissants!). My pizza was very good too - chicken, panchetta and forest mushrooms. My partner opted for the 'Lombardi' pizza which sounded very good. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a big disappointment - a pizza base piled with almost raw onions. Some you win, some you lose ! Wine was good though. We might have stayed for desert but we'd had enough of the loud mouth on the next table and decided to leave.

2  Thank Whinbrook
Reviewed April 18, 2013

14 friends and I ( all queenstown locals ) had a fantastic meal here. So often in queenstown, the eating out experience is average and this was like a breath of fresh air. The booking process was easy, we were taken care of by the staff from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. Professional service. Any issues were remedied quickly and again very professionally. I am gluten free and had lots of choice. Smart decor, nice space and ambience. Great deals for locals. I will definitely be checking out this place again.

2  Thank stalkercat