“Good Chinese food”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2016

It was a bet among my kids when I will start to look for Chinese food in this trip. I succumbed on the second day. Located on the 2nd floor, you will need to look up to notice the signage. Typical Chinese food but good and tasty. Will not disappoint especially when craving for oriental food. Reasonably priced. Dishes are good for sharing.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank DocBench
Write a reviewReviews (196)

Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Wide range of tasty Chinese food, very friendly and fast service! Well done - looking forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 21, 2016

Just happened on this restaurant. The food was great, it had a lot of people eating - looked like celebratory parties, and the service was excellent. I don't often review restaurants, but this stood out because of the value and the food.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a long day trekking and really felt like some Chinese food. We rang up this restaurant to see if we needed to make a booking, they said no, it's not too busy, just come.

We got there, and the restaurant was relatively buzzing which we thought was great. We ordered 3 dishes, and 1 glass of kiwi fruit wine and some hot water. 20mins later, nothing came.

My boyfriend went to ask the waitress and was told that it's being made. And then they finally brought over the hot water and the wine. The wine tasted like a regular supermarket white wine.....not "kiwi" at all.

Another 20mins went by, and no food came. I said to the waitress we had been waiting for 40mins, what's happening? She once again said "it's being made, won't be long."

We got there at 7:20, and the food finally came by 8:25pm. We waited over an hour for 3 simple dishes (one of them was a soup noodle with vegetables, I could have made it myself in 5mins).

If the restaurant was very very busy and crowded, I understand. But it wasn't crazy busy and other tables were also waiting for so long! One entire table of 10 people left the place after waiting for 30mins.

If you couldn't serve this many people then at least inform your guests that there is a long wait. Or, give some entree for free to keep the wait time bearable. OR???? Admit that you are wrong and provide some freebies??? Don't you understand customer service?

Aside from that...the food is another amazing journey of shocking experiences. The two dishes we ordered were okay, but the noodle soup ...the simplest dish......the vegetables were so uncooked that I couldn't chew it and had to dip it into the soup for a while. The noodle was ...just cooked by water. No salt, no flavour. I literally could make a better dish...... They did put salt on the table...I guess it's a hint to add the flavour by myself?

3 dishes and 1 wine, it costed the two of us $66 all together. $66 could have bought me 6 ferg burgers. I would have been so much happier..

Go for an adventure if you want to give this place a go =) good luck.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant on our previous visit because it was fully reccomended by the hotel we stayed in, we visited this restaurant again on this visit. The price has changed drastically thus it is beter for you to go to a fine dining restaurant as they almost cost the same, of course if you still prefer to have chinesse then this might be the place to go in Queenstown. If you are travelling north then I would suggest you to go to the chinesse restaurant when you are in dunedin or christchurch. They are nicer and less expensive. The food still tasted the same as I remebered it from our previous visit, however the change in price will make this restaurant the least favourable place to go when you have soo many other restaurants to choose in queenstown.

Date of visit: April 2016