“Nicish”

Ranked #57 of 268 Restaurants in Queenstown
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Great kids meals. The pasta portion was the same size as the adults.

We had a lovely bottle of Pinot gris, that our waitress recommended.

The service was good even though the restaurant was very busy.

The adult meals were good, but not great.

Overall a pleasant experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We called in for lunch on a sunny Saturday just before Christmas, although busy, we were quickly shown to a table. The wine list is extensive, even for a vineyard restaurant - I'm pretty sure you can have just about any of their wines by the glass! Our wine and water appeared promptly and we were advised of the specials. My egg pasta was delicious, but I was envious of my partners vineyard platter!

We did come across a slight issue with my meal, half way through it, but once brought to the attention of our waitress, it was taken away, very apologetically. She came back almost instantly and advised another one was being prepared and would only be a few minutes. She apologised again and said there would be no charge for my glass of wine. It couldn't have been handled better!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I went for lunch, on a whim. We were extremely surprised to find the food excellent, one of the best meals on our trip.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We took friends to dinner. Our guest's food was delivered and after ten minutes my wife and I had still not been served.. It seems that our guest's food had been intended for another table - meanwhile they had to start lest their food went cold. We waited another ten minutes before an explanation and eventually the food arrived. They were apologetic and after being pressed by me, comped the late food and coffee to follow. However our time with our guests was spoiled and no amount of good food can atone.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were told to stop into Gibbston Valley Winery Restaurant by friends in Australia and upon arriving for lunch was pleased to see lots of locals enjoying a Sunday lunch.

Put simply, the food was lovely... Very tasty and generous servings... But the service let the whole experience down.

The waitress made an error with our entree so we had to wait for the correct meal to come out, it took over 10 minutes and 2 requests to get a second glass of wine, our cutlery was not replaced for our main meal so the waitress grabbed a second lot from the table next to us.

All this made the difference between us staying for more wine and dessert or leaving... We chose to leave.

We reported the poor service upon departure... I note this has already been reported before, so I hope Management actually do something about it... I don't mind paying for good food, but I detest bad service!