“A bit disappointed”

Chico's Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We dined at this restaurant when we visited last year and remembering the good food and service that we had enjoyed we made a point of eating there again on this trip. I am sorry to say that the experiences were like chalk and cheese. We ordered drinks on arrival and then sat with empty glasses for the rest of the night with no follow up from waiting staff who whilst being friendly spent more time chatting to other people than doing their jobs.We ordered salmon and venison as mains with a side of vegetables, the meals were slow in arriving and when they did one was cold with the chips dried out and the ordered side of vegetables had been forgotten,fifteen minutes later they eventually came but only when the meal was almost finished. We were not offered the desserts menu or coffees but at that stage we were glad to leave.

1  Thank Andy M

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The main restaurant is up a flight of stairs from the side street and is a bit dark and dingy. Food was OK, but not great, but the staff are friendly and it was reasonably priced.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The food here was fantastic, a bit pricey but very good. The service was excellent. However the restaurant it self was quite hard to find its up a side alley and up a flight of stairs as well so be on the look out

murli128, Manager at Chico's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

We are glad you found us.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went there for Diner and it was absolutely fabulous. The garlic bread was delicious and I ordered the BBQ ribs "entree size" for main... I couldn't finish my meal as it was waaay too big but it was fantastic,licking my fingers delicious!!! I highly recommend it,but make sure you do a lot of activities before you eat!!!!

We pride ourselves on serving honest size kiwi meals.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food was fine at Chicos, though the risotto I ordered (the only veggie option) was a bit under cooked. Everyone else seemed to like their meal ok. Only down side was the food took a loooong time to arrive, even thought the place wasn't full. However, we enjoyed our table that the manager had helped us move right in front of the wood fireplace, so could have been worse!