“wish i saved my money”

Shotover River Extreme Jet Boat Ride from Queenstown
More Info
$260.26*
and up
Queenstown Twin Challenge (Jet Boat Ride and White Water Rafting)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: World famous as the ultimate jet boating experience, Shotover Jet has thrilled over 3 million people since 1970, and now it's your turn! Take a unique breathtaking ride through dramatic and narrow Canyons, and hold on tight for Queenstown's only exhilarating full 360° spins. 'Can you handle the canyons?' with award winning Shotover Jet, 'The World's Most Exciting Jet Boating Ride' and the only company permitted to operate in the spectacular Shotover River Canyons.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 29, 2013

it was rated as one of the top things to do in queestown but i thought it was okay... a lot of money for something not that special... $120 i would have rather spent on something else. a bit disappointing really.

There are newer reviews for Shotover Jet

Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a professional outfit. We drove ourselves as it only a short distance out of Queenstown and arrived quite early. We were booked for the first Jetboat of the day, and as we had our three year old daughter with us, we wanted to check on a few things first. From first to last contact with all the staff, my wife and I thought how friendly and professional they all were. Our 3yo was ok for the minimum height of 1 metre, so we went down to the waters edge to get our spray jackets and safety vests. We would also recomend beanies or scarves if the weather is cold, as once your face gets wet it feels freezing when you are flying along. There is plenty of room in the jetboat. The driver gave an excellent talk to begin with and then when 1/2 way through the ride, stops to check on everyone also. Our 3yo absolutely loved it. The ride gets very close to rocks, canyons and gorges so be prepared. There is a well stocked gift shop and we bought the photo and dvd package. There is also a cafe overlooking the river. We will be returning to Queenstown late next year 2014 and Shotover Jetboat is on top of the list to do again!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It is a must do in queenstown.. Rain coat is provided so no worry of getting wet at the bottom however be prepared for wetness at face/hair especially when you sit at the sides . Do take the last row seat if you want to feel the excitement , it is more fun sitting at the last row .

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had initial reservations at booking this, how wet would I get mainly, and slightly worry at how close they go to canyon walls. In the end I just booked myself on the Queenstown Experience (Shotjet/4WD) and am SOOO glad I did so, it was enormous fun. I got a bit wet, not saturated, but not entirely a bath either LOL. The 360 degree spins are just so much fun, and where you get wet the most. I ended up buying both the photo and dvd package at NZ$59, a permanent momento of today's experience. Frankly I want to return to Queenstown once more to re-do the Shotjet as once just isn't enough, my step-sister and I are already discussing plans for 2014/5 and I've not even left town yet! Book yourself on this without a moment's hesitation.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This was really fun and exciting. It was quite a cool day especially when we got a bit wet but they provide jackets and the hand rails on the boat are heated which are fantastic! Dress warm and wear sunnies. Our driver was awesome fun and you also get to see some beautiful scenery of the shotover river. Probably just slightly expensive for my liking especially when you want to buy photos on top. Otherwise great!

1  Thank hkcrawf