“Convenient and comfortable motel”

Alexis Queenstown Motor Lodge and Apartments
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Motel overlooking lake. Our room had a view of part of the lake. Comfortable large and light room with king size bed. Kitchenette good size with microwave and hob. Bathroom spacious with spa bath. Wifi free and unlimited for 60 minutes that could be discontinuous and for all devices, ok but not ideal. Washing facilities only one machine that my wife used - at 4 dollars for wash, 2 dollars for liquid soap and 4 dollars for drying:quite reasonable although needed more than one dry! Within a few minutes walk of the town. At 195 NZ dollars, the most expensive motel so far for our tour of NZ. Presumably paying for the spa bath. Staying in the same chain in Dunedin for 2 nights. Will see if it is the same quality there.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Really the Alexis could be called a hotel, it has a nice patio leading to the rooms. It features a great lake view (pictured) in front of the mountains was a great stepping off point for us on our outdoor adventures in Queenstown. The staff was courteous, and helped us book activities and leave our car in the garage while we were rafting.

Room Tip: they're all great and face the water.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This motel is very well situated and only 10 minutes walk from the town centre. Our 2-bedroom unit provided spectacular views over the lake and mountains in all directions. The staff were welcoming, efficient and extremely helpful with information and arrangements. There is good covered car parking.
We had an excellent and most enjoyable stay here and would definitely return.
Queenstown is also a superb centre for activities of all sorts, and has a great variety of dining options at all price levels. It completely eclipses places like Te Anau.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wdcw
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Arrived at Alexis on a Saturday night after my flight was delayed @ 6 hours. The room had been pre-paid and I offered my credit card to Adrienne as you usually do at check-in. Adrienne's response was - well are going all rock star and going to trash the room? That's pretty well their approach - they were straight forward, friendly and incredibly helpful. I asked for and got great advice on where to eat as a solo traveller and not feel like a loner. Kelly suggested walking downhill to the centre of town for dinner and if I didn't feel like the walk back, catch a taxi for @ $10 NZD. It was a great idea. (although I had a rental car, parking is expensive and traffic in the city centre is often congested)
Great laundry facilities in the garage.
For the first 3 nights I had the spacious studio with kitchen. The view certainly was superior
The parking is undercover, and Adrienne & Kelly let me leave my rental car overnight while I went on a tour to Doubtful Sound,
Its this sort of fantastic service that I really appreciate when travelling by myself.

Room Tip: Spacious room was excellent, but I think all the rooms here are great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Alexis Motor Lodge is a very good motel more or less in the centre of Queenstown. Our accomodation was lovely, large living / dining are with kitchen and 2 beds, seperate double room and bathroom. All the windows had a view if the lake and mountains.
The staff were really helpful and went out of their way to help, book trips and give you knowledge of the area includifng sending you to the best supermarket.
My daughter left some clothes and they sent them back to UK for which I am grateful.
I couldn't fault the lodge, well appointed accomodation, freindly staff, good location, underground car park. No problems at all thank you I would love to visit Queenstown again shame it's so far away.

Room Tip: All the rroma re good with lake views
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our extended family stayed in a number of rooms for several nights upon completing a camper van tour of the South Island. The staff were excellent ! Nothing was a problem, they even looked after our baggage after we checked out whilst we had lunch. DVDs for the kids and beautiful views of the lake from the deck, we will be back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 10 nights during our trip to Queenstown in July 2013. The place was good value for money, had spacious rooms, great views and friendly staff. We were a little unsure of where and how long to stay in the place as this was our first trip to Queenstown. We decided to modify our booking mid trip so we were able to visit a couple of different places along the West Coast. Upon hesitantly approaching the staff at late notice to modify our booking, they were more than accommodating to make everything work for us. Nothing we asked or requested from Adrienne or Kelly (the hotel management) seemed to be a burden or hassle for them. I would stay here again and recommend anyone travelling to Queenstown to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple