“Lost and found”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Queenstown
Crown View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 44 Queenstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We left in a hurry to catch a flight, left a newly bought jumper behind. We thought we will never see it again. We were so surprised and happy when Caroll emailed to tell us that she found the jumper in our room and she will send it back to our home in Malaysia. We received it today. We really appreciate this very generous gesture, not just because of the jumper but the true spirit of service and kindness.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stayed at Crown View for 2 nights. We had a lovely large room with a large, very comfortable bed. Our bathroom was also large, and while not en-suite, it was very close by and private. The general feeling in Carol and Reg's home is one of welcoming and warmness and the whole house is immaculate. Breakfasts were lovely with good conversation and interesting people. It was very 'bed and breakfasty', cozy with less of a hotel feel to it. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaplanGeorge
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This B & B was tops for us as we travelled around New Zealand for the second time. Caroll and Reg were really great and could not do too much for us. I have a mobility problem and Caroll arranged for a masseuse to come to her house. She showed us the best way to get to Queenstown via the back roads which went past the white water rafting. The bathroom was great with both bathand walk in shower. To top it all - what a breakfast and looking out over a magnificent valley

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This is the place to stay at in the Queenstown area. Located between QT and Arrowtown (which is a very cute little town) in a very picturesque country setting with stunning mountain views and lots of animals. You know that all the previous reviews are true a few minutes after arrival as you sit on the outside porch overlooking the mountains and enjoy the "Welcome Tea and fresh Crumpets". The rooms (we had the Rose Room) are nice, spacious and clean - the bathroom that comes with that particular room is huge, amazing and has a large spa bathtub in it. The fact that it's not ensuite really doesn't matter in this case. Breakfast is great and plenty. But, the truly best and unique "feature", and in my opinion the main reason the place is number 1 in QT, is the host. Caroll is just such a genuinely nice and cheerful person who really makes you feel at home from the first moment. We enjoyed a glass of wine with her one evening and talked for a long time. It's not just a worn-out phrase, when I say that after a few days you really feel like you're leaving a friend or family member. We were even able to do our laundry there with no charge, and, get this, when we came back from our day's trip, our stuff was waiting, neatly folded, in our room. We definitely hope to be back someday.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsdg
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Reg & Caroll will make you very welcome on your stay here. They did everything to make sure you were comfortable. We stayed for 2 nights. There are plenty of animals to keep you company as well. You can also book everything through them if you desire. Make sure you take a visit to Arrowtown.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2011

A great place to stay if you have a car and want to avoid touristy Queenstown and get some peace and quiet, but also want to meet some lovely Kiwis, and be near Arrowtown, adventure sports- and also experience what the region has to offer ie scenery, wine, lovely food.
Carol and Reg were lovely hosts - I have never felt so welcome in a B and B! Their warmth and generousity (making snacks, offering drinks, icecream and delicious apples and fresh fish) was so appreciated after a tiring week touring. I just wish I could have stayed another night with them. The delicious poached eggs for breakfast and walking round the house meeting all the animals were a highlight.
My only advice is - arrive in the day time, and make sure you get clear directions from them before you arrive! It is not at all easy to find after dark and is not signposted.....! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This was my first time at a B&B and the experience was amazing. Crown view is within 10min drive to Queenstown and many other tourist attractions. It wasn't like just any other accommodation. The hosts - Caroll & Reg are a cute couple and the most warm, friendly & genuine people I've ever met. They also have two cute little dogs - Duffy & Archie. Caroll used to genuinely care about me and stay awake for me until I returned back HOME. She also assisted me in booking all the activities that I wanted to do. The breakfast was just like my mother would do it for me. On my last day here, we went out for dinner together and had a great time. I found my family here. I wish I was able to stay with them longer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo