Lowest prices for your stay
$97
Tripadvisor$96
Priceline
Destinia.com$162
1,322 results
All reviews bedroom apartment the kitchen lake view apartment underfloor heating shuttle bus serviced daily amazing views gas fire washing machine and dryer lake wakatipu dining table living area shuttle service new zealand close to town fireplace lakeshore
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We always stay here when in queenstown but this time are really disappointed.

Brought our parents as a treat and this place has gone downhill.

The room is tired and dirty. The couch is disgusting and room overall tired. Had to wash all glasses before I would consider using them.

Mentioned this to the staff who said sorry and would mention it to house keeping.

This place is not cheap so we expect more.

Not sure if we will be back, may be time to look for another property in queenstown

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank GM007_1
AaronJeffrey, General Manager at Oaks Queenstown Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Hello and thankyou for your feedback. I appreciate that you stay with us regularly and that you brought your parents this visit. I am concerned about your latest stay. The housekeeping team have specific duties regarding preparing rooms including clean glassware and furnishings. I apologise we did not meet your expectations. I do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My friend and I booked a 1 bedroom lake view suite with twin beds and upon our arrival we were given a 2 bedroom suite with lake views which was brilliant. The apartment was very spacious and we had a large balcony with immense views over the lake and mountains.......incredible. They offered complimentary laundry services (washing powder available for purchase from reception) to guests which I thought was a nice touch and we managed to park in their underground car parks each night of our stay. The only 2 downers to our stay was the price of the internet which was relatively expensive and also the room servicing..........one afternoon we came back to the room and my friends bed had been made but her pyjamas that she had left on the bed had been thrown on the floor and the bed in my room hadnt been made at all...........very strange but not enough to ruin our stay.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
AaronJeffrey, General Manager at Oaks Queenstown Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hello and thankyou for your comments. Our lakeview apartments are spacious and offer fantastic views. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I would like to investigate the housekeeping matter, if you have a chance please send me an email with your details so I can find your booking and the date and the date of the matter (hmshores@theoaksgroup,co.nz). Thankyou. We look forward to you straying with us again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Oaks Shores was the one of the greatest hotel in Queenstown. We've stayed here before and it has been amazing service every time.
The room are spectacular with lots of space for the family to relax in.
Being able to wake up to the lake and the remarkables mountain range is one of the reasons we stay here as the hotel is situated right on the beautiful lake front with access a to the walking tracks.
Will defnitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2012
AaronJeffrey, General Manager at Oaks Queenstown Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and thankyou for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back next time to visit Queenstown!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Spent 4 days here over new years in a delux 1 bed apartment which was lovely but the best part was the balcony very spacious and views of the lake were incredible. Didnt feel the need to go out as sitting in the sun with a glass of wine and just watching the boats go by was the perfect holiday. My only complaint would be the staff seemed to be under alot of pressure with the number of people in the complex and we too had to wait a long time for our rooms to be serviced but the staff were very pleasant when the did arrive I felt a little sorry for them still servicing rooms at 6pm a long day!

Room tip: one with a balcony
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AaronJeffrey, Manager at Oaks Queenstown Shores Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thankyou for your comments. I am pleased you had a lovely stay and I agree that the view from the apartments is "to die for". It would be difficult to find something more appealing than settling on the balcony with a glass of wine watching the boats go by. Christmas/New Year is peak season and our team work hard to deliver a professional and pleasant service during that busy period. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'd echo recent reviews.

The good: The apartment itself was lovely, amazing lake views, lovely balcony, roomy and modern living areas (the only niggle were not enough storage in master bedroom - no drawers and hanging space for only five items), and a well-equipped kitchen with a proper oven. We found the front desk staff helpful and friendly, even when working the Christmas holidays.

The bad: However, over Christmas, no service was offered on Christmas Day or Boxing Day (despite the fact we would have liked this) to allow guest 'privacy on these special days', and the notice about this on check-in was confusing. Even on normal days, we had to ask for the apartment to be hoovered, and cleaning in general was perfunctory. On arrival, we found a badly stained bedspread, and despite reporting this it took two days for it to be replace (in the end the front desk manager did it himself). We also had to ask for items such as shower gel and shampoo and dishwasher powder to be replaced which we wouldn't have expected in a place of this standard.

The wifi is good but expensive, we thought, at $90 per week

So overall, great apartment and good front desk service, let down by poor cleaning service.

Room tip: Definitely worth paying for the lakefront apartments. If you want a bigger balcony go for the top floor of each block. 2 Bed apartments has same living space as 3 beds, just with one bedroom locked off, so you have plenty of seating both indoors and out.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Kia Ora and thankyou for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us particularly in regards to the apartment and the front desk service. I apologise for your confusion regarding room servicing over Christmas/Boxing Day. I will review the notice to see what changes can be made to ensure it delivers a clear message. The housekeeping team have specific duties regarding preparing rooms including checking blankets. The amenities such as shampoo, dishwashing powder etc are to be replaced during the daily service as is vacuuming. I apologise we did not meet your expectations across all aspects of your visit. We do hope you will choose to stay with Oaks Hotels and Resorts again soon.