“Best part of our trip”
Review of Glebe Apartments

Glebe Apartments
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed January 28, 2013

During a 2 week trip throughout NZ (North Island, South Island--we did everything!) it is easy to say that staying at the Glebe was the best part of our trip. We were there in January 2013 and spent three nights in the pent house 3 bedroom, which was great. The apartment had tons of space for 3 couples, awesome views, and everything we needed to cook (well--all the utensils we needed--we did have to purchase basics like oil, salt and pepper, which it would have been nice to have there). The staff was great and very helpful and we all agreed that we should have spent a lot more than just three nights here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MSpencer05
CHneley, Manager at Glebe Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. We are very lucky with the size of apartments and there is certainly enough space for large families in one apartment. I am very sorry that there was no salt and pepper as there is normally. I have passed this on to our housekeeper to check the apartments. I live on site and have a large pantry for anyone that is short the small things like oil and the forgotten herbs. Next time you stay just ask us for anything and we will be happy to find it for you.

See you back here soon.

There are newer reviews for Glebe Apartments

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Friendly staff who told us the best places to eat. They accepted my GrabOne even though it had expired without me realising. We loved the visits from their wee dogs that did tricks. My daughter played with them in the courtyard off our room. We were walking distance to town and the Gondola and Mini putt. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: A room with a view of the lake would be perfect but understandably more pricey. WE loved our room of...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
CHneley, Manager at Glebe Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased your children enjoyed the dogs. They are true people dogs and just love young children.

The courtyard apartments are fantastic if you have young children.

We will look forward to hosting you again soon.

Anne Hen ley

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our 4-day stay in Queenstown was booked for us by Aspire Down Under, as part of a 24-day tour of NZ and Aus - they did an amazing job, booking us at the Glebe!! When we found that our booked apartment, though luxurious and lovely, didn't have the views we desired, the friendly, helpful Glebe staff allowed us to upgrade (at a charge, but a reasonable one) to the penthouse at 701. We were just awed and inspired, by the accommodations, the view, the one block walk to the wonderful town that is Queenstown. The apartment was one I would buy if I were to live there year-round, with the best linens, appliances, furniture - the whole thing was practically miraculous. I could have stayed for months, and I may go back and do just that! For a family of 5, there was enough room for the kids to play cards or watch TV while the adults enjoyed the amazing patio with spa and BBQ - or vice versa. I fell in love with the sliding window-doors that opened up the entire apartment to balconies and patios everywhere. Everything was upscale and worth every penny. Thank you, Glebe staff, and owners of 701, for having us! We hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: The interior rooms at the back (we were initially in 506) only have windows in the front room (dinin...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely review. I will also pass on to the owners of 701 your lovely comments. Getting the all round view in such a beautiful town is a plus and 701 certainly does get the great views.

Please come back again and stay a lot longer next time.

Anne Henley

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have just returned from fantastic trip to Queenstown, where we stayed at The Glebe for six nights in a 2 bedroom roadside apartment. Originally there was just four of us but then a tag-a-long chimed in which I had suspected would mean we would have to move into a three bedroom apartment instead but thankfully this was not a problem for The Glebe and they happily offered a roll-away bed for our 5th wheel for only an additional $35 per night! And Im told that the roll-away was actually really comfy :)

My email correspondence with staff at The Glebe was always very friendly and prompt.
The room itself was extremely well equipt - loved having a dishwasher and laundry facilities and dining room table to play card games/drink around. Was great having a pedestal fan to use in the bedroom, other couple in the master bedroom were jealous as they were quite hot at night but couldn't keep the window open due to outside road noise - no noise however when the window closed which is pretty good condisering it was New Years!

The roadside apartment has no view but it does have a courtyard and is pretty private.
We didn't spend much time out there but if there was a larger table and couple more outdoor chairs may have been more inviting.

The location is fantastic, just parked the car up and walked everywhere which was fab.
A two minute walk to all the action and no need for taxis after a night out - my fergburger was still hot by time I got home!!

I will definatley be recommending The Glebe to family and friends, and next time I'm in Queenstown my accom choice is locked in - just will need to decide on which penthouse :D

P.S sorry about the rabbit statues getting up to rude things in the hallway......... twas not me

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BelindaJane

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review. I am pleased to hear that the roadside apartments are not too noisy. We are very lucky with our location and even better when you can get the very important Fergburger back to your apartment warm.

Very sad last week we found one of those rabbits has since hopped away. I think a young child played with them and dropped one.

Please come back soon and let us help you pick a penthouse.

Have a happy new year.

Anne Henley

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here for the best family holiday in 2007 with my parents, husband, brother and sister-in law in a 3 bedroom apartment. We shared the most amazing views of the town and lake from the corner balcony and the unit had luxury decor and kitchen. It was in an ideal location in the centre of town (1-2 min walk down hill to the centre mall area- a mild uphill walk on the way home). We were lucky to have a car park but everything was within walking distance. We stayed in late February and it was wonderful to explore the beauty of this town outside of ski season (such as the wineries, jazz festivals, adventure sports etc). The apartment was clean, well decorated and the kitchen was well fitted out for great family dinners. I would love to stay here again now that I have a family of my own.

Room Tip: I can't remember our room number but we stayed in a 3 bedroom room on the street with view strai...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
CHneley, Manager at Glebe Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am blown away that after 5 years we are still in your thoughts. I think it is time for you to come back and stay again. We have refurbished a lot of our room since your last stay.

Have a fantastic year and hopefully we will see you sometime this year.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Originally, we booked a 3-night stay at Glebe in a 3-bedroom apartment unit. However, the trip to Milford was cancelled due to road closure. Hence, we made our way to Queenstown directly with an additional night stay, and an extra foldaway bed for the 7th family member.

The staff warmly greeted us upon our arrival. She upgraded our apartment to a 4-bedroom unit (#501) and we were absolutely thrilled! She mentioned that the 7th member could have good night rests for the 4 nights here.

Everyone was super thrilled when we entered the unit. Very spacious, well-equipped with 3 toilets. Plenty of walking space, sofas, large TV, and day-bed area by the window. We were pleasantly awarded with view of the Skyline Queenstown.

Cooking facilities were equally awesome. Two diswashers, large fridge and plenty of glasses of different shapes and sizes.

There's also Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer in our unit. Washing powder was provided.

My family absolutely love love loved Glebe. My mum loved the reading area which is outside the master bedroom. After being with the children for 8 days, and travelling back to back. She enjoyed the free time to get away from the exhausting walking treks (and the hyper-energetic young adults).

Not forgetting, service was outstanding. Even the room attendants were very friendly. One of them patiently taught my mum on how to use the dishwasher, even though my mum can't speak much English.

Location is convenient. It is only a slight uphill and 5 minutes walk to the Starbucks in town. Most of the time, we will drive to Fresh Choice (larger supermarket as compared to Alpine) to get our daily supplies for breakfast and supper. Only 3 minutes drive away from Glebe?

Now we are back in Singapore, my parents missed Queenstown and Glebe. They were mentioning this apartment to their friends. Occasionally, she would sort-of hint us if the young adults would want to go back to Queenstown. But I think my mum would want to go back to Glebe more than Queenstown :)

Definitely recommend Glebe Apartments!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank aprilngern

What a fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the apartment.

Please tell you mum she can come back anytime and we will look after her.

Hopefully we will see you all again soon.

Happy New Year.

Anne and team

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Took my teenage son to Queenstown on an adventure holiday for a long weekend. Staff helped organize and suggest tours, were very helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Even when I left my reading glasses behind they organized for them to be posted back to Aus. Rooms were spacious , well appointed and clean. Location is FANTASTIC. would recommend for families and couples looking for a excellent experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jodie N
CHneley, Manager at Glebe Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review. It is great to hear you had a great time in Queenstown and enjoyed The Glebe.

I do hope your glasses arrived safely.

We hope to see you and your son return one day soon.

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year.