Probably the first time I've been reluctant to write a review (want to keep this place our secret!)
We are on our 2nd visit, the last time about 3 years ago and will definitely remain our first preference when visiting QT.
The apartments are fairly large (we've stayed In both 2 and 3 bed apts) and are well appointed with dishwashers, washining machines, tumble dryers, stone bench tops, iPod dock etc.
The beds are fantastic and offer great nights sleep.
Some have mentioned the hill outside and it may be an issue for some, but you are in a mountainous location and we managed fine even with a kids pusher (you can reduce the impact of the hill by cutting through the lower garage and taking 2 lifts once you know the route ).
Always managed to find a car parking space in the garages which with lift access is helpful.
The best bit is the most amazing and attentive staff you will ever find! Amy at reception is simply the nicest person you could meet and appeared to genuinely remember us from our last visit or at least from our emails at the time of booking. Her friendliness is worth staying here regardless of the quality of the accommodation.
Anne, the manager is also fantastic and went out of her way to make sure our young kids were entertained, giving them toys to borrow during their stay.
In addition to toys to borrow they also have DVDs for a gold coin donation as well as books to borrow.
Their is Internet access in the foyer for a small honesty payment and free wifi in the apartments, although you do have to ask for a tocken.
Only minor gripe is unlike our last visit, the apartment did not appear to have working underoor heating (it was still on in the bathroom) - we did mention this at reception. Regardless, there was a gas heater in the apartment and the apartment was warm.
Not the cheapest place in QT but not the dearest either and considering what it offers in terms of staff, quality, space and location, still our recommendation and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2 minute walk to town, full apartments and penthouses. We are locals with many years experience and we would love to help with our knowledge of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Glebe Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glebe Apartments Queenstown
- Glebe Apartments Hotel Queenstown