My husband and I had an expectation about our 11 night stay at the Queenstown Sofitel which included quality customer service and well appointed, comfortable and modern accommodation. To say that our expectations have been exceeded is an understatement. This stay has been superb in every way possible thanks to the extraordinary team led by General Manager Vincent Mackay.
Each and every day, the Reception staff and Concierge team including Ella, Gene, Olivier, Sara, Hannah, Augustin, Nicholas and Daniella, made us feel like we were Royalty arriving for a state visit. This team excelled in their interest for what we were doing. They organised tours and restaurant reservations with breathtaking speed and efficiency. These tasks were completed with the professionalism we would expect of Sofitel. However, the staff took this part of their role to a new, higher standard by inquiring the next day about a particular tour or restaurant experience. The level of genuine and consistent interest in our activities is a trait that we have not experienced before.
We eagerly looked forward to our delicious and beautifully presented breakfasts at the Left Bank Café. Chef Wally Vidal and team - Darren, Kimberley, Lorraine, Marita and Angelica continued the "royal" Sofitel customer service experience. It is unique for us to be greeted by a warm 'Bonjour' and (after Day 2) to be asked if we would like our usual coffee. Remembering this kind of detail is a first in our travel experience. For us, this sets a new benchmark standard. Will hotel staff in the future remember which kind of coffee we have each morning.
Chef Wally took great pride in recommending quality restaurants. This is not part of his standard Job Description. In our view, he went beyond his Chef's Key Performance Indicators by following up with the particular restaurant to ensure that we were looked after. Another attribute that we have not experienced in previous travels.
Jamie, Laurent and Martin welcomed us to the Nue Lounge Bar each evening as though we were family. The consistency of this high quality customer service we believe is testament to GM Vincent Mackay's leadership style. We wonder if and at what time Vincent goes to sleep each night as he is a visible and charming presence throughout the day and during evenings, meeting and greeting guests and working together with his team.
The unsung heroes of our stay are the housekeeping team. This 'invisible' team appeared as if by magic to refresh amenities and provided a faultless service throughout our stay.
Our 6th floor accommodation was superbly quiet, notwithstanding the presence of clubs and night life activity all around. The accommodation is first class including quality appointments and sleep comfort. The central location of the Sofitel with close proximity to attractions and restaurants is a huge bonus and was one of the reasons for selecting the Sofitel for our stay.
We will treasure the memories of the outstanding Sofitel team and our stay in Queenstown for a very long time to come. All future travel experiences will be compared with the Sofitel Queenstown "Royal Standard". The hotel and its staff are truly magnifique.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa. Inspired by the charms of Paris with the warm hospitality inherent to Queenstown, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique elegance and local avant-garde design. Centrally located in the heart of Queenstown, it offers 82 luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, featuring Left Bank Café open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge and Jervois Steak House. Situated in the heart of Queenstown's dining and entertainment precinct, Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa is the perfect base to explore central Queenstown on foot before heading further afield to local ski resorts and adventure attractions. Just 15 minutes from the airport, you can take a stroll down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or up to Queenstown's scenic vantage point and adventure attraction Skyline Luge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel