We spent a few nights at the Sofitel recently. Overall it was a nice stay but if I'm being honest, I should point out a couple of things.
1. The rooms were cold. Our heater didn't work. It was freezing outside and the room wasn't much warmer. The balcony doors don't seal properly and a breeze came through them.
2. The gym was closed the whole time we were there.
3. The views are really average for the price of the hotel. We were on a high level but overlooked cars parked in a street and rundown houses.
4. We had breakfast included in our rate but on our first morning the cafe staff didn't explain that there was a buffet as well as a menu you could order off. We were a bit confused. Coffee is really average too.
5. The rooms are clean enough, except when we were checking out we pulled the cupboard out to make sure we'd dropped nothing behind it and found a whole lot of papers and rubbish that weren't ours.
But on a positive....
1. The service is AMAZING. Every single staff member is friendly and polite. The concierge helped us out quite a few times during our stay and was always pleasant. We had drinks in the lounge each evening and the staff member in there was delightful. I wish I could steal him to work for me. The vibe in the lounge mixed with friendly service was a perfect end to a long day (plus it was warm in the lounge compared to our room). You really do feel like a VIP at the hotel.
2. We also had breakfast included in our rate. It had nice touches like the chef bringing around different things to try each morning. Nice food.
3. I loved the french inspired decor.
4. They have a business centre which you can use 24/7. It was handy.
5. Location really couldn't be more perfect. What it lacks in views, it makes up in location, so close to everything.
Overall, I still enjoyed our stay but I couldn't justify that rate again. I'd choose another hotel next time. If you can secure a good rate, go for it. It's still a nice hotel with amazing service if that's what you're looking for. Happy travels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa. Inspired by the charms of Paris with the warm hospitality inherent to Queenstown, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique elegance and local avant-garde design. Centrally located in the heart of Queenstown, it offers 82 luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, featuring Left Bank Café open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge and Jervois Steak House. Situated in the heart of Queenstown's dining and entertainment precinct, Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa is the perfect base to explore central Queenstown on foot before heading further afield to local ski resorts and adventure attractions. Just 15 minutes from the airport, you can take a stroll down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or up to Queenstown's scenic vantage point and adventure attraction Skyline Luge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel