I was in Queenstown to attend Gibbston Valley Harvest Festival and had an excellent stay at the Sofitel.
The hotel position (central) is perfectly situated for shopping, site seeing and within easy walking to the number of excellent restaurants Queenstown offers
As I do a lot of International Travel I was aware that each Sofitel Hotel offers a genuine experience of French luxury and the best of local culture. Whether in the heart of a major city such as Paris or in wonderful New Zealand. Queenstown was no exception. Public areas downstairs showcased a mix of French/European/South Island influence with its recycled French shutters, chandeliers, antique French chairs, parquet floors made from I believe recycled French Barrels , New Zealand art, designer wallpaper and gracing a beautiful Steinway Piano.
My room was delightful & extremely generous in size (Room 516). I have never experienced a more comfortable bed, , the bathroom large with excellent shower and a double spa bath, TV and the toiletries were of the highest quality namely L Occtaine . For those who like coffee there is a wonderful espresso machine with fresh coffee and milk .
I highly recommend the morning buffet breakfast at the Hotels Left Bank which was of excellent value and choice of food outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the array of fresh juices, the chef created a wonderful mix of carrrot, apple and ginger. Delicious!! It is oone of the nicest breakfasts I've ever had. Everything you can imagine was available. Service was excellent and the staff very friendly.
All services were provided with charm, politeness and with a smile which goes a long way. Upon checking out I was offered a complimentary takeaway coffee. A very nice touch and well appreciated .
My only disappointment was not having time to experience one of the treatments at the spa. However I did go down in the private lift (saves you going through reception in your fluffy white robes) to have a peep and was overwhelmed with the ambience and beauty.
I cannot think of a single thing which needs changing or improving. I highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation in staying there on a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa. Inspired by the charms of Paris with the warm hospitality inherent to Queenstown, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique elegance and local avant-garde design. Centrally located in the heart of Queenstown, it offers 82 luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, featuring Left Bank Café open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge and Jervois Steak House. Situated in the heart of Queenstown's dining and entertainment precinct, Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa is the perfect base to explore central Queenstown on foot before heading further afield to local ski resorts and adventure attractions. Just 15 minutes from the airport, you can take a stroll down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or up to Queenstown's scenic vantage point and adventure attraction Skyline Luge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel