We stayed for two nights. Having arrived from the wilderness of the Fiordland national park, the french chic of this hotel took a little while getting used to. Hearing "bonjour" as a greeting around the corridor and on the phone was slightly comical. One might imagine them having staff training sessions based on "bonjour". Despite this, there was a sense of genuine staff commitment to service. The porter was warm and helpful. The waitstaff at left bank cafe were friendly and efficient.
We were allocated a level three room with very little view. The room itself was beautifully decorated. The corner single sofa next to the balcony was very inviting with ottoman and faux fur blanket. There were some negatives. There was a small spike arising from the carpet close to the bathroom that my husband stepped on. There were limited tv channel selections with cnn rather than bbc news. Wifi was not free and came with restrictive data limits. 300mb for $30 was rather expensive. 20 minute youtube video would be easily 200mb. During our stay, there was renovation noise mostly hammering right above our room throughout the working hours including the saturday. Slightly unfortunate that the working hour seemed to start at 7am.
Breakfast was very nice with a great selection. The french patisserie selections were delightful, fresh and light. The left bank cafe had a nice ambience which was supported by its staff. We did not have dinner in the hotel, but we did order room service dessert which was promptly delivered, well priced and delicious.
We stayed on an "experience more" package which included $50 spending credit daily. There seemed to be some confusion as to whether a 2 night stay counts as 3 days or 2 days. Whilst the initial enquiry at the reception returned with 3 days, it was deemed otherwise at check-out. Would be good if the staff were all clear on the definition of the packages offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa. Inspired by the charms of Paris with the warm hospitality inherent to Queenstown, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique elegance and local avant-garde design. Centrally located in the heart of Queenstown, it offers 82 luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, featuring Left Bank Café open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge and Jervois Steak House. Situated in the heart of Queenstown's dining and entertainment precinct, Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa is the perfect base to explore central Queenstown on foot before heading further afield to local ski resorts and adventure attractions. Just 15 minutes from the airport, you can take a stroll down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or up to Queenstown's scenic vantage point and adventure attraction Skyline Luge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel