My husband and i stayed at Sofitel Queenstown for 9 nights, for business and pleasure combined. Sofitel Australia is one of my favorite brands and i am happy to say the NZ rendezvous did not dissapoint. Our rooms already had soy milk(special request for my lactose intolerant husband) waiting in the fridge, a simple request that so many other properties fail to accomodate.
Whilst they are not perfect, the attitude of staff is what makes up for any little niggles. They are friendly, helpful, polite, and fairly knowledgeable. Service can be a bit slow at times, perhaps due to busy time (?) of the year, but they do deliver.
Menu at the Left Bank Cafe is traditional french affair with NZ produce showcased to advantage. Wine menu could use more geographical variety. Breakfast is a nice spread and they do perfect poached eggs, yummy ommlettes and warm poached plums with yoghurt was my favorite.
Rooms; the most important component of any travellers stay: We were on level 4 for 5 nights with street view overlooking the gondola and level 6 for 4 nights, a definite improvement, with lovely views over the town and the lake.
Rooms are big, spotless and modern with standard sofitel pillow menu, L'occitane ameneites, underfloor heating, spa bath with tv and separate shower. Trust me, every day after snowboarding, a long soak in that spa bath was a lifesaver. Also, my husband loved the inroom espresso machines standard at sofitel. I do wish though, they would have a tea pot and decent cups for tea drinkers like me.
Lespa: My husband & i had a massage & facial and found the quality of product delivery acceptable but not brilliant. Again, the ambience and attitude of the staff is spot on though and it was reasonably priced to while away time when weather was too crap for anything else.
What else: Location is perfect, within walking distance to everything (especially Fergberger!), buses for snow centres leave opposite the hotel.
Main gripe: Internet! a measly 100kb/day was not enough for our business component of travel. We bought a 1G 7day plan but c'mon! Most properties around the world now provide free internet. Time for Accor to catch up.
Overall, it is a lovely property with staff that take pride in thier work, make you feel welcome everyday. Augustine, you are a star!. and when the GM grabs your burgers & fries and delivers them to your room all plated up, you know you've got something special. I'll resonate with other reviwers; it is definately 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa. Inspired by the charms of Paris with the warm hospitality inherent to Queenstown, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique elegance and local avant-garde design. Centrally located in the heart of Queenstown, it offers 82 luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, featuring Left Bank Café open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge and Jervois Steak House. Situated in the heart of Queenstown's dining and entertainment precinct, Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa is the perfect base to explore central Queenstown on foot before heading further afield to local ski resorts and adventure attractions. Just 15 minutes from the airport, you can take a stroll down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or up to Queenstown's scenic vantage point and adventure attraction Skyline Luge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel