Azur
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
Lakeside Motel(Queenstown)
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe main lodgein villa dininglake wakatipucomplete privacyindividual villasour honeymoonin townnew zealandprivate villapre dinner drinksjacuzzi tubheated floorsunbelievable viewseach guestdart riverfloor to ceiling windowsmilford sound
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stunning!
My partner and I had the chance of spending last week at Azur and it was superb.

Being both in the high end hospitality industry we are pretty picky and have high expectations and the entire team of Azur delivered what we call honest and genuine care and hospitality. From the drives to town when you need it, to the little touches added to the villas when we wanted something, it was an excellent stay. The lodge is in a superb location which gives you the access into Queenstown but also gives you the privacy and ''getting away feel'' that we all need on a holiday. The villas are well positioned with stunning views over the lake and the mountains and furnished with everything you need if you wanted to totally escape from the world and not venture outside. It was one of my most ''appreciated'' time away in a very long time, chilled, relax and full of adventures with some skiing and socialising in the evening.
Our warmest thanks again to a wonderful team of professionals and let's hope we return very soon for more.
Thanks F&A

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred N
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It is somewhat difficult to put into words the overall feeling of total relaxation that overcomes you once you are settled into your Villa at Azur.
My wife and I arrived after a long 6 hour drive and were welcomed warmly by Tania who showed us around the main lodge building but then recognising we were tired took us to our villa. Afternoon tea is included at Azur and so this soon arrived, beautiful cake, coffee and wine, what a great way to start a Queenstown vacation!
The 9 villas are spacious and private with unbelievable views. It is like your own private, constantly changing movie, fantastic.
Everything about a stay at Azur encourages you to relax and let the staff take care of your every need. Be it breakfast in your villa, a transfer into Queenstown (5 minutes away) or dine in at night using local restaurants that the staff work with (a fabulous concept that even has the lowly hamburger transformed into a delightful meal).
We were bitterly disappointed to leave after just 2 short nights and could have easily spent a week here.
Azur lodge is located just out of the township of Queenstown itself but with your own car and the lodge transfer service this is not an issue. The views alone more than make up for this.
The lodge unlike many of the 'super' lodges does not include dinner but with so many excellent restaurants in the Queenstown region you would only miss out if they did. The in Villa evening dining comes at an extra cost but is a great way to dine in. You order off the a la carte menu of several local restaurants and the villa staff pick the meal up for you, bring it to the lodge, flash things up and bring it to you, brilliant.
The views from every part of the villa are amazing, and that includes the bath.
We found our stay here to be amongst the best we have ever experienced and the staff played a big part of that. You felt almost part of the family, they were relaxed, friendly but always professional. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbmm
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My partner and I were excited to go on our first trip together and I took it upon myself to organize the accommodation. I wanted something special as with our busy schedules we rarely get a quiet moment to really soak in each other's company. After browsing the reviews on TripAdvisor, Azur caught my attention.

On arrival, we were personally greeted and made to feel at home immediately. Although we have both traveled New Zealand extensively, my partner and I were extremely impressed by the views out of our private villa - so much so that the first night we decided to stay in and make good use of the wonderful spa bath.

Although part of the charm of Azur are the well appointed private villas, is really the staff that make this place extraordinary. They manage a fine balance between ensuring you are comfortable during your stay, all while allowing you to have the privacy to feel like you're at home. Because there are only 9 villas you are always of upmost priority to the staff and they make it very clear nothing is too much trouble.

The location is incredible - you drive down a private residential street to arrive at Azur, which is housed on the tip of a hill, allowing sweeping views that are absolutely breathtaking. Despite the secluded location, you're only 5 minutes from the center of Queenstown and the staff provided complimentary shuttle service to ensure you can make the most of your time here.

If you're looking for something special in Queenstown, there's no better choice. This is luxury with a homely and personalized service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Izyb
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I came here on our honeymoon for 5 nights in April, 2013. Like many others, we booked our trip with Claudia from Pacificforless.com (who, by the way, is awesome). Today, sadly, is our last day here and we don't want to leave! We are so happy with our experience here that I wish to share it here.

Location
If you are coming to Queenstown, you simply cannot beat the location at Azur. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows to an 180 degree view of Lake Wakatipu and the mountains. Although it is a only a short 5 minute drive from the center of town, looking out the window, you would never have guessed it. The villas are strategically placed to make you feel like you are deep in unspoilt nature while giving you the convenience of proximity to wonderful food options in Queenstown. During one of our days, we actually walked to town, which took under 30 minutes. No photos can do the view justice either- you really have to see it for yourself.

The Room
This is one of the most luxurious rooms I've ever stayed in. Full surround sound stereo system, flat screen TV, rainforest shower heads, extra-large jacuzzi, king sized bed, fireplace, heated floors in the bathroom, this room has outfitted with the most up-to-date amenities. There is even a fridge stocked daily with soft drinks, beer, and snacks. All complimentary. And did I mention the view?

The service here is unparalleled. The staff here is very international ranging from Europeans, to Asians to New Zealand locals. The fact that there are only 9 villas on site means that the service is extremely personal. For instance, my wife has a long and complicated list of allergies and EVERY STAFF MEMBER were made aware of them and made the effort to make sure that ANY food that they served or delivered was free of those ingredients. Azur offers a service where they deliver food from some of the best restaurants in Queenstown- which we took advantage of. We were able to enjoy fine dining in the comforts of our room... and our pajamas. Another example of their attention to detail- when they pick up your food, they bring their own oven to keep the food warm in transit. Basically, anything you can think of to ask they will do. Want to go downtown? They will drive you. Want to fly on a helicopter to Milford Sound? They will make it happen. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff are here.

Although there is no on-site restaurant at Azur, they do serve a KILLER breakfast that they can deliver to your room prepared by a professionally-trained chef. And afternoon tea. And canapes. And late-night dessert. And it's all awesome. And complimentary. Plus you can always order from the myriads of menus from restaurants downtown and they deliver. Warm. In fine china.

Summary
If you are looking for a luxurious accommodation with personal service delivered with professionalism- this is it. You will not find comparable level of luxury anywhere else at these rates. My wife and I cannot be more happy that we chose Azur for our honeymoon. Thank you Gavin, Maria, Lana, Ana, Kako, Amanda, and Tanya for making our dream honeymoon come true!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IonicKoi
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Azur Lodge is an incredible experience - superb luxury accommodation with what must be the best views on the planet! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we where made to feel welcome and nothing was a problem, they even drove us into town and collected us for a fab night out in Queenstown.

Room Tip: All lodges the same!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple