“Most amazing place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Azur

Azur
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Most amazing place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The degree of service, the room amenities, and views are unparalleled. The pictures here do not do it justice. You have to come and see for yourself! We could have stayed in the villa all day and just watched the view. The privacy was also a nice added touch. You cannot see any other people after entering the villa. The staff could not have been nicer and always added service touches which we would never have thought of! The daily tea service and canapes were absolutely gourmet and delicious. The staff can also drop you off and pick you up in town, anytime. I wish we could have stayed here a few more days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smercury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I stay at some fancier places (a little snobby like that), and this was the greatest experience we've ever had. I can't even describe how incredible this place was. Starting from the service, to the meals, to the view, to every minute detail: absolutely perfect.

The place is run by (mainly) females who are absolutely exceptional in their service. When we made our reservation, we told them we did not have any food preferences. However, we found out a week before the trip that my wife was pregnant and so we needed dietary restrictions. Not a problem at all for them. They treated us like family, and I am so grateful for it.

The room is so wonderful. Cozy, comfortable, with a SPECTACULAR view of the Remarkables Mountain Range. It has a great hot tub/bathtub with a window that looks out to the lake and mountains. I have never stayed in a more beautiful hotel room. It felt more like an apartment than a hotel room.

The food was fantastic. Breakfast every morning and little snacks in the afternoon. Everything is made to order. The have a professional cook that does everything. And if you have requests, they have a market and butcher that they go to daily so you can get whatever you want. The coffees were fantastic, and the venison sausage was my absolute favorite.

Like I said, I wish I could convey how amazing this place is. We don't usually like to repeat vacations, but we will definitely be returning to South Island and staying here. It really is the best place we've ever stayed, and we travel quite a bit. I realize it is pricey, and the price almost threw me off for a bit, but I wanted to do something special for my wife so I splurged on it. I am so glad I did. It was completely worth it. Amazing people, amazing hotel, amazing everything. I could go on for pages about how wonderful it is, but just go there. Its a true gem.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank orthodoc11
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed in Azur on sept 2012 with our 4 year old son.

From the moment we entered the villa,we love this place so much.
Oh ! hey , when did my luggage got into my villa ! It is already moved in from the car

before we were showed to our villa !
The room have beautiful view of lake wakatipu through the ceiling to floor window,

toilet windows, balcony sliding door ! All the floor tiles are heated too.

When Gavin introduce me to the sound system in the room, I already got a feeling that

my toys is going to be fun here ! I brought my laptop with all my favorite songs loaded
The moment I plugged in my device, the sound system in this villa make this place even

more perfect. Toilet also has piped in music from the hifi system !

I don't know it is the water or the Jacuzzi but this one makes a different.
This is the only hotel that makes me feel "rejuvenated".
Even the water looks 'more blue' than other bathtub or jacuzzi.
Love to soak in bubble bath jacuzzi with music on in the bath room and with lavender

aroma oil.

Words just can't described how beautiful this place is. You really got to be here to

feel the magic of this place. The peace and tranquility of the surrounding and etc.
We enjoyed every moment in the villa until we are reluctant to go anywhere at all.

The personalised Service is good. Breakfast at anytime no cut off time and no menu !

Whatever you think suit for your breakfast is the menu ! If you drink espresso coffee,

they have a profesional machine in their main lounge anytime. Don't forget to grab some

cookies, it is really tasty and good too (its available anytime).

We have travelled to many countries, this is by far the best hotel we have stayed.
If you are planing to stay here, stop considering, just book it now, you won't regret.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OngLH
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had such a lovely week at Azur. The location, comfort of the villas, helpfulness of the staff and the beautiful views meant we were very tempted to stay inside the whole time! Great that you could have breakfast or dinner from a local restaurant set up for you in the villa. Loved relaxing in the bath with the windows open, just make sure you find out bus times to the Remarkables as we missed the last one due to our extreme laziness!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amelia G
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

When I was randomly searching around for places to stay on our honeymoon, I came across a photo of what was later discovered to be the interior of one of Azur's 9 villas (showing the incredible panoramic view of the lake and mountains) on a website and knew right away that I absolutely HAD to be there, no matter where "there" turned out to be! Azur is by far the most stunning and memorable places we have ever stayed at, and I'm saying this after just having returned from one of the nicest resorts in Bora Bora! Of course there are places all over the world that are amazingly beautiful and breathtaking, but there was something about Azur that really left an impression on me, and I will never forget it.

After a 13-hour plane flight from LAX to Auckland and another 2-hour flight from Auckland to Queenstown, it was very refreshing to see Tania--Azur's concierge and all-around superwoman--holding up a sign with our names on it, waiting at the airport exit for us. She was immediately very warm and welcoming and drove us from the airport to the lodge, which was only about 15 minutes away. The drive included a quick tour of the charming little town of Queenstown with some great recommendations for places to eat and visit. When we arrived at the lodge, we were given a tour of our villa (#4, which was awesome and not too far down the steep hill that the villas are perched on). The interior of the villa was incredible--I could never get bored of that amazing view of the mountains and lake that you can see from the floor-to-ceiling windows, as well as the hot tub in the bathroom with its own huge window that opens straight out into gorgeous mother nature... my jaw just dropped to the ground.

The little details at Azur make all the difference--heated floor tiles, heated towel bars, homemade breakfast made to order and afternoon tea made from scratch.... unfortunately we were never around at the time of the pre-dinner drinks and canapé hour, but I'm sure that would've been delicious as well. Two days of our stay involved very early morning excursions that would take us away from the villa before they officially started cooking breakfast, but the staff arranged everything for us the night before. They would take our breakfast order in the evening and then deliver it in a cute little picnic basket the same night, ready for eating the following morning since there was a toaster oven in the villa. This was a really nice touch that was greatly appreciated since it alleviated the worry of scrounging for something to eat before taking off on the long journey to Milford Sound. There was also a coffee press, tea kettle, and mini fridge stocked with plenty of liquids to keep anyone happy.

I was also amazed by the cleaning staff... I swear they were like room servicing ninjas--they always knew when we were out and anticipated when we would be back so that we would always come back to an immaculately clean room with the fireplace turned on and the thermostat adjusted to a nice cozy temperature. They would even turn the heated towel bars back on after I turned them off to try to save a bit of energy :) They also took time to notice that my husband and I really liked brewing coffee in the room so they made the effort to replenish more coffee than we originally started with. The in villa dining option that all the other reviews mentioned was also great--they will take your order (from a book of menus in your room for you to peruse through) and deliver it to your room whenever you want, and they'll set up the meal on china plates and placemats, complete with candles too! It really is all these little details that make Azur a truly magical place--they really do know how to go above and beyond for their guests.

Included wi-fi in the rooms is also a huge bonus ($30 per day in Bora Bora, really?). Some luxury resorts try to price gouge you by charging extra for everything under the sun but not this place.... at Azur you really feel like you are getting great value for your money, and the higher price tag here is well worth it. Amazing villas, great secluded location that's only a few minutes away from town, unforgettable views, scrumptious homemade food, unbelievably attentive (but not pushy or fussy) service, and a casual, friendly, home-away-from-home (yet luxurious) atmosphere.... Azur could not be more perfectly balanced. They have mastered their craft and I'm sure they will only keep getting better. There really is something special about this place that sets it apart from other accommodations in its class. Even after beautiful Bora Bora, we found ourselves still missing Azur. I will keep looking forward to the day we can go back.

Thank you so much to Tania, Gavin, Keiko, Lana, Maria, Danielle, and the rest of the Azur staff we didn't get to meet.... you are all amazing! Top-notch property. We loved everything about it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CC0901
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We made a trip from summer in the northern hemisphere to winter in New Zealand and spent a week at Azur. A long stay in one place by some standards, but we enjoyed every minute of our time at this understated and elegant hotel. Situated close but comfortably away from town, "rooms" are individual villas, elegantly appointed, with views of seemingly daily SPECTACULAR sunrises. Breakfast, served in the main house and made to order, was delicious, as was tea time and canape hour later in the day. We always made it back in time to sample the daily tea treat and/or the canapes of the day We felt completely at home and pampered by the wonderful staff who were always on hand to order in dinner (a very nice option), recommend a winery to visit, make reservations and suggest destinations. There were no negatives, except having to go home!

Room Tip: Every villa seems to have the same, private, spectacular view and is appointed in the same way.