“Great for lunch”

Starlight Queenstown
Ranked #198 of 266 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I went in with my 3 year old boy and the staff were really considerate and friendly; swapped the glass for a plastic one and bought out a plastic plate in case we shared our food. I got the $14 lunch combo which was lemon chicken with a spring roll and rice. Decent sized portion and the food was tasty and well balanced.

The place was very clean, immaculate toilets and the staff continued to be attentive, friendly during the time we were there. Would definitely come again as I think they deserve the continued custom as they are trying very hard to provide a decent restaurant in a tricky location.

1  Thank bimbler

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went with a table of 8pax and everything was good. The food was nice, the service friendly and the overall bill affordable. Have read a lot of hit & miss here and I wouldn't say it was outstanding, but it most certainly is not as bad as a lot of other reviews state.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I've had numerous takeaways from here which have lost its taste throughout the journey home which is always expected. But I thought as I was travelling through Frankton on my day off work I would check in for a sit down lunch meal. I was pleasantly greeted by a female member of staff. I decided the lunch menu option B; with chicken and black bean. Shame the atmosphere wasn't great, it was very quiet so all I could hear was the music, and the kitchen staff. The place looked very tidy and clean which is always a good first impression when dining in. The food arrived quickly, and was presented nicely (but basic). The portion size was perfect for lunch, not too big or small. The flavours were there and it tasted very good. Reading the others reviews I noticed the food was said to be "bland" but not today. Overall I was very happy with my visit, and will surely return with others. Thanks Starlight

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We started with spring roll which were overcooked. The chicken and corn soup was so bland I had to ask for soy sauce to try and create some sort of flavor. The kungpao chicken had no flavor and the bowl of rice was mushy. Not a great experience considering it's overpriced in the first place.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We got Chinese takeaways last night, was really looking forward to our meal but it was so tasteless 90% of it went out in the rubbish. Very very disappointing, we will never be back.

1  Thank McPhee154