“Professional and understanding hosts”

Haka Lodge Queenstown
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked for three nights, but after the first night we realised this style of accom was not for us. We explained our plight to manager Bec, who understood instantly, offering to refund our payment in full. We didn't expect to stay for nothing , so we all agreed on two nights refund. All Bec could repeat was that she wanted us to have a great time in QT - simple
What a great asset she is to Haka lodge, by the way nothing wrong with the lodge, just not for us

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mickndebo
HakaLodgeQT, Manager at Haka Lodge Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hello Folks
Thank you very much for your wonderful reveiw.
I hope you had a truly enjoyable time in Queenstown, and as you said in your review I'm glad we were able to resolve everything quickly so you could get on with enjoying your holiday.
Once again thank you for your time in placing your review and I hope you enjoyed Queenstown.
Beck

There are newer reviews for Haka Lodge Queenstown

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place was one of my favourite hostels and I've been travelling for 3 months. Queenstown itself it amazing and this lodge was in a great location the place is incredibly clean and comfortable. I love the bedside lamps and privacy curtains. Everyone in the lodge were friendly and the staff and owner were so kind the owner was so helpful and jolly to be around. Absolutely loved it here and would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megan2013_13
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Huh. Maybe the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It's unbelievably clean, and everything is new. The dorms have huge lockable drawers under the bunks, and the rooms are big and bright. Two kitchens, and a lounge area upstairs. And oh yeah, you're a 90-second walk from Queenstown's CBD. Pricey, but what in Queenstown isn't?

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Haka Lodge have 2 Kitchens.
Very clean and nice to cook.

I enjoyed wathing a TV with a nice view out of the window.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Haka is very clean, well looked after and quite modern. Well decorated and presented rooms, good living areas and kitchen spaces, and has a lovely atmosphere. We met Becky when we arrived and she was very helpful and friendly; a great personality to welcome you. We've stayed in Queenstown before and this place is definitely the best! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate D
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the lodge. Friendly staff and Beck and Oli were really nice via email. Great location being at the top of town with parking on site or near by and good value. It was clean and had free wifi :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed, for the first time, at Haka Lodge for 3 nights at the end of July. Did my homework and studied reviews from different sources :) My opinion ? A number of very good things in this Backpackers favour. 1. VERY close to town, 5 minutes walk max, very handy but without the noise of this pumping town. 2. For a backpackers there were good towels, pillows, bedding in the double bedroom I had. Excellent communal showers and linen therein. Kitchen, lounge was good. The carpet in my room could have been vacuumed much better. There is a sense that walls are thin (see other reviews) BUT my room (number 10) that I requested to be away from kitchen etc was no problem with external walls/windows on two sides.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 10. A double. Worked for me :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo