“Quick service great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Thai Lounge

My Thai Lounge
Ranked #61 of 254 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Blenheim
“Quick service great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We got there just towards the end of a lunch service. We were told that we could still get food, only if we were quick to order.

The food came in almost as quickly as we ordered and it was excellent.

Highly recommend a visit here.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank SamarthGeorge

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Great service and beautiful food in a fab location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Have only just got back to the hotel with my wife and were both positively buzzing from our experience at My Thai Lounge and compelled to write this review! The service was very good, the waiter friendly and reliable. He recommended that we try the cocktails and did so, very nice. The atmosphere inside was very pleasant, good decor, comfortable and a good view outside. The food was exceptional and my wife and I tried some of each others dish so there was no food envy! Highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Jameswheeler83
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We eat Thai out a lot and I can only think of one other Thai in Auckland that compares to this one. The service was good, the view was stunning and the food exceptional.
Bathrooms were clean which is always important to me.
This restaurant looks pretty unassuming from the street but is great value for money and an awesome place to eat.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Aklr81
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We recently ate dinner here while holidaying in queenstown. Staff were very friendly , and we enjoyed the BEST massamun goat we have ever eaten! It was melt in the mouth fantastic! We loved every bite of it.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jackie B
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Hi Jackie B,
Thanks for your feedback. The Goat Mussaman is fantastic, isn't it? Such a local's favourite now we've been told it must always stay on the menu, as well as our Soft Shell Crab in Yellow Curry. Hopefully we'll see you again one day and you can try that as well.
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Good Thai food with a surprising twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We paid a visit to My Thai on our recent trip to Queenstown with our son and his partner. The service was very friendly with the unusual experience of not a single member of the waiting staff was Thai. The food was very good, although my red curry could have been hotter (spice wise), although I have found that in New Zealand and Australia their Thai curries are in the main not as spicy as they are in the UK, this is not a criticism just an observation. The waiter was very knowledgeable and was very helpful when I asked for a non-alcoholic cocktail and presented me two splendid cocktails when I asked him to surprise me. The desert was another first, black sesame seed panacotta, it was amazing, I asked for and got the recipe to take away with me.
Overall this was a great find as it was our first night in Queenstown and we weren't sure what we'd find. pay this restaurant a visit, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Peter S
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Hello peter s,
Thank you for taking the time to post in your detailed feedback and recommendation. It's great to know you enjoyed your evening with us, from the food to the service. While some of our floor staff are not Thai, certainly all the chefs are Thai nationals and qualified. I hope you've had the chance to try out our panna cotta recipe (though we don't usually give out too many recipes so you must of been particularly charming!).