“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of My Thai Lounge

My Thai Lounge
Ranked #64 of 257 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Adelaide, Australia
“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I really enjoyed the food at My thai. The food was so good i returned two nights latter for some more. the food was reasonably priced and the servings were of a good size. very tasty. would love to go back again.
The restaurant had been recently renovated and the new fit out is modern and tasteful.
the food speaks for itself. give this one a go.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank sagreatdan
Dear sagreatdan,
Thanks for posting your feedback. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our food so much that you dined with us multiple times, a great endorsement in a place like Queenstown with so many dining options. We would love to see you back some time.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Unexpected Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The menu is not your typical Thai food but a fusion of NZ produce cooked in a Thai style which was delightful. Pleasant décor, a great view across the lake & friendly service made for a great dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank David H
Hello David H,
Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. Great to hear that you found our Thai food tasty. Our decor has changed since June this year, so hopefully you'll be able to check it and our new dishes out when you're next visiting Queenstown.
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Really loved the meals, a good size and high quality food. The restaurant had nice modern décor and was a good central location.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank macca777_11
Hello macca777_11,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope you'll come dine with us again soon.
Newcastle
“Excellent slightly different Thai food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Very good thai food. Not the normal dishes. I did not know boar was a thai food! No penang or red curry. Service was good. Very friendly. We were there at night so no view but it is in a great spot.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Bob_and_Donna
Hello Bob_and_Donna,
Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. You're right that our menu doesn't look like the more traditional Thai offerings around but that's because we try to offer a contemporary take on Thai cuisine, the Wild Boar being a good example of taking NZ produce and giving it a Thai twist. Our menu changes every couple of months so I'm sure Penang curry will make it back. Hopefully we'll see you again too whenever you're back in Queenstown.
Clyde, New Zealand
“Satisfying, quick and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Came in for the $12 lunch deal. This was quick and convenient, good value for money and satisfying. I liked the way that there was jugs of water there so I didn't feel obligated to purchase a drink, which is great when you're on a budget.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Nick L
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Nick L,
Great to hear you enjoyed our lunch special. We understand people have short lunch breaks and try to make sure if they come in to dine with us they spend more time eating, less time waiting! If you're ever back in Queenstown you may find it useful to know we run our lunch specials until 5pm on Fridays.