“That's what we want”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Nakhon Nayok, Thailand
“That's what we want”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Luckily, we went to this place a bit late night and there were only two tables before we arrived. The waiter said we can order off-menu dishes whatever we like. Then we overcame the belief that 'you can't get authentic Thai food from Thai restaurant abroad' by ordering very very spicy food which was not on the menu. Just like the way we have in our home :-) Pork stir-fried with basil leaves very very spicy topped with Thai-style omelette.
The service from the Thai guy was good though. The place is well-decorated as a lounge, literally. But I think fake bamboo trees looks pretty odd for Thai restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank ChaiKusuma
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear ChaiKusuma,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm so happy to hear that we were able to go beyond your expectations for Thai food served abroad. Our chefs are all Thai nationals and are always happy to try to cater for those wanting a taste of 'home' - as best as we can working with NZ ingrediants & produce. If you're ever back in Queenstown please come visit us - the bamboo has gone and we have a whole new look!

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Lunch in Queenstown”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were in Queenstown for a very short period of time and had a lovely lunch at the My Thai Restaurant, sitting by the windows you have a lovely view out over the lake. Excellent service.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Pamela R
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello Maxiboy3333,
Thanks for taking the time to post some feedback which we always appreciate. Really pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch. Hopefully we'll see you again in future, perhaps for dinner which will be even better!
Auckland, New Zealand
“I can't think of a better Thai restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We only had two nights in Queenstown. First night we discovered My Thai and all four of us enjoyed our meals so much that we returned the next night. I repeated my order of the vegetarian Mussaman curry because the taste and texture was perfect with its delightful accompaniment of a slightly honey/vinegary sauce with cucumber, red onion etc - sensational. Other dishes tried by the others in our group were the sizzling beef strap (curious name) marinated in rum and served with a grilled quarter of a pineapple (he raved about that one); blue cod in green curry and also a chicken green curry were pronounced excellent by another, and the other dish was a vegetarian plate called something Greens, I can't remember the first word. However, the strident vegetarian in our party said it was fresh and different and she would order it again. Lovely staff, just great all round.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Berry J
Hello Berry J,
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your meals so much that you came back the second night - a great endorsement which is most appreciated as we understand there are so many dining options in Queenstown. It's particularly pleasing to hear the feedback regarding our vegetarian dishes, as we've put much thought into a separate vegetarian menu offering more then just tofu as a protein alternative (as other restaurants are prone to do). We certainly hope you'll come visit us again.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Thai in Queenstown”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our entree - spring rolls were unique and delicious. Hubby's pineapple and steak was creatively prepared and delivered sizzling on a hot plate - wished I had ordered it!!! I had the pad thai - wasn't too bad, but not the best I've had. Service was good.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Dionne B
Hello Dionne B,
Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the food and found our service satisfactory. Hopefully we'll see you in again when next in Queenstown.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Beautiful food, friendly service”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The fish cake entree was to die for but all the dishes were excellent. The staff were friendly and the restaurant appears to take late comers. We were finished by 10 and some people had only just arrived.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank KarenM381
Hello KarenM381,
Thank you for your feedback. It's fantastic to hear you really enjoyed our food, the fishcakes being one of our most popular dishes. We are one of few restaurants in Queenstown that keeps our kitchen open past 10pm as you so noted. I hope we'll see you in again soon.