“yup it is the best place for thai in QT”
Review of My Thai Lounge

My Thai Lounge
Ranked #63 of 263 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

excellent food at a great price, especially the $10 lunch deal is just unbeatable. it is the best thai restaurant in town without a doubt.

3  Thank shivaniaman
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hello shivaniaman,
Thanks so much for your endorsement. The lunch specials are definitely great value and it's lovely to hear that locals are enjoying them. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for My Thai Lounge

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited for lunch today and it was very nice. The roti massamun was our favorite, Spring rolls okay, I would choose something else next time though. Beef panang very good (medium is quite spicy) as well as the green curry. Quick food which is great at lunch time. Will be back!

3  Thank Gr8_M8s_NZ

Hello dpickle,
Thanks for your feedback. Great to hear you enjoyed our lunch menu, the $10 specials I believe offer great value for money. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a wide choice of places to eat in Queenstown and chose My Thai because of the lakeside view from its upper lounge. The food and service matched the view: in fact I think it's probably the best Thai meal I've had outside Thailand itself. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Chorizogolf
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hello Chorizogolf,
Thanks for your kind feedback and recommendation. To hear our food compares well with that had in Thailand is very pleasing. Given that we aren't actually in Thailand (or even a tropical climate!) means access to Thai ingredients can be tricky. Our aim is instead to create contemporary Thai cuisine, fusing great Thai flavours with local produce. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our dishes.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

we had 2 great evenings here, there was something on the menu to suit all ages (10 of us ranging from kids to adults). the service was excellent, very friendly. loved the goat curry!! great atmosphere with the lovely umbrellas on ceiling and beautiful views of lake and mountains. A must do

3  Thank cherylfeb13

Hello cherylfeb 13,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed more than one evening with us, and appreciate this is a great endorsement given the number of dining options available. Hopefully we'll see you again when next in town!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great location and service was good but they did only have 7 clients.

The signature goat curry was only just ok. The meat tough and fatty. The second dish was also unremarkable.

Overall an ok restaurant but given the choice available in Queenstown you could find better.

Dear StuartRon,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful view from a window table, no doubt available due to it being a quieter Tuesday evening. Sadly it would seem our food did not please you as much. In a busy tourist town like Queenstown that sees hundreds of thousands of visitors each year it would be unrealistic to believe we would be able to cater to all tastes and expectations, though we always to try to offer the best food and service we can. I would like to thank you for at least trying our restaurant.