“Great food friendly staff nice views”
Review of My Thai Lounge

My Thai Lounge
Ranked #64 of 262 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The My Thai was our first choice for our first meal out in Queenstown and it did not disappoint. The service was very friendly without being over the top. The food was excellent and I especially enjoyed the roti and mussamun starter. I had the goat mussamun for the main and was good too but not Thai hot as I'd requested.

3  Thank Murry_Cave
Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Murry_Cave,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. It's great that you enjoyed your meal with us. Mussaman curry is a milder style of curry so a 'hot' one will be less spicy when compared to Red or Green 'hot' curry. You obviously like spicy food so perhaps next time you can try our Jungle Curry!

There are newer reviews for My Thai Lounge

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was another recommendation from the manager of our hotel in Queenstown. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, and the serving staff were friendly and helpful.

3  Thank GerMar60

Dear GerMar60,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope we might see you again in future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The view is possibly the only good thing about this restaurant. The food was very average and pricey. There are lots of other options in Queenstown for Thai food.

Melanie C, Owner at My Thai Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear wms090359,
So sad to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations or price point. In a busy tourist town like Queenstown that sees hundreds of thousands of visitors each year it would be unrealistic to believe we would be able to cater to all tastes and expectations, though we always to try to offer the best food and service we can. I would like to thank you for at least trying our restaurant.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We live in Dunedin and have been coming to Queenstown for holidays regularly since 2003, and always come to My Thai for dinner - it's consistently delicious food, extremely friendly helpful service, great value for money and has great views over the lake and mountains from the first floor restaurant - a combination we haven't consistently found in many Queenstown restaurants. We take all our overseas visitors there & everyone so far has enjoyed it as much as we do! Highly recommend it. (ask for a table by the window).

4  Thank Southislandfan

Hello Southislandfan,
Thank you for your kind comments. It's fantastic to hear that you've had a good time at the My Thai Lounge on a number of occasions and that we continue to meet your expectations. Hopefully you've enjoyed our menu changes. We look forward to having you dine with us again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The food we had at a recent lunch was not well presented or very tasty. The eggs rolls were rather greasy, while the noodle soup was bland and did not seem very fresh. In a town overrun with restaurants there are many better choices.

Dear YpsilantiFoodie,
Thank you for your feedback, though I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your expectations. All that I can say with certainty is that all our meals are cooked fresh as ordered, and that our selection of noodles on the lunch special range from hot & spicy to less so. Perhaps a different selection would've better suited your tastes? I certainly hope you might consider giving us another chance to change your mind about our food.