Forget about everything else, if you are looking for an amazing panoramic view of Lake Wakatipu, then you won't do better than the Villa Del Lago. This is not one of those places with an "ocean view" where you can only see the water if you twisted your body over the balcony and saw it from the corner of your eye. The water is your ONLY view. It is so serene and pristine and you're amazed that you can wake up to something so majestic.
1) Great staff and owners. I made a mistake in regards to our arrival date and didn't pick up on that until less than 7 days before my trip. The owners refunded the money without any hassle. Their understanding set the tone for the trip…They could have easily said "no" because I was past the change notification time period. We were really grateful!
2) Loved the washer and dryer. I had clean clothes everyday and left our trip with clean clothes.
3) Great water pressure and water quality.
4) Great recommendations on tours from the owners. They are the most knowledgable of all the staff…stick with them.
5) The location. It's a 20-30 minute walk into the town center. However, it's less than 7 minutes by car. It's also less than 10 minutes away from the airport and Remarkables Shopping Center. Also, it is so easy to get to Arrowtown, the wineries, and bungy jumping/ziplining from here.
6) Wifi was reliable most of the time.
7) Did I mention the view?
1) The bed in the second bedroom felt lumpy. It reminded me of the only mattress I could afford right out of college.
2) I wouldn't say the kitchen was immaculate…but it was cleanly enough.
3) Oh, the television…remotes hardly worked, the DVD collection at the front desk is dated, and the only channel worth watching was CNN. I guess you're not supposed to be in Queenstown to watch television though.
4) No fitness center. However, there is a walking/running trail right in front of you.
If we went back to Queenstown, this is the only place I would stay at!!! I saw some of the other hotels that looked so amazing on the internet, but then when I saw them in person they were far from being waterfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This peaceful lakeside small luxury hotel comprises one bedroom Suites and two and three bedroom Villas. Unsurpassed views of the crystal clear lake and the sparkling mountains. Only 1.7km from the bustling town centre, the Villa del Lago offers a genuine lake front setting with its own pebbled beach and jetty - a rare combination of exceptional quality and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Del Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Lago Hotel Queenstown