“enjoyed the central ridge”

Central Ridge Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed December 27, 2008

this is most fantastic small boutique hotel very well located.the staff are unbelievable.they looked after all of our requests and made our stay so wonderful

Reviewed December 14, 2008

I wish we could have stayed at the Central Ridge during our whole trip in Queenstown. When we arrived (before check in), we were greeted by a friendly staff who offered us orange juice and water while we waited for our room to be cleaner. We were in our room in no time. It was a spacious room with a super comfortable bed. The amenities in the room were great and they provided marshmallows with the hot chocolate. Though there were no views, we were only a 5 minute walk away from the main area of queenstown. Our room was very quiet, which is a plus because I am a very light sleeper.

Breakfast was yummy. There were plenty of choices for everyone's taste on the menu.

The evening wine and cheese tasting was great and a wonderful opportunity to meet others and swap stories. This was all in a comfy living area so you really felt like you were in someones home and could feel quite relaxed.

If we are in Queenstown again, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again. The staff were friendly and helpful and went out of their way to help you out.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2008

My husband and I decided to stay in Queenstown an extra day. We had reservations at the Central Ridge for Thursday night but this was Wednesday afternoon. We were able to get a room and since it was late in the day we also got a late check-in discount. Now that was an extra bonus.

The room that my husband and I had had the best view of the town. At night the mountain with gondola going up the front was breath taking with all the lights. The bathtub was an added suprise for very tired body.

The breakfast was a great day to start our day.
I recommend the Cental Ridge hotel to any traveler that want a comfortable room, lovely views, and walking distance to the heart of the city. I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We stayed one night at this hotel and really enjoyed the room. It was very comfortable and modern decor. The location was only 5 mins walk from downtown Queenstown. There is a slightly steep hill on the way but can not see this would be a problem for most people. Very peaceful and quiet room and the staff were very friendly and accomodating.

Reviewed December 3, 2008

For my first visit to Queenstown, I couldn't have been happier than at Central Ridge. As openers, its location is super convenient -- from the hotel's street, a right turn takes you down a (steepish) path directly to town in five minutes, a left turn takes you through the botanical gardens for a beautiful view of Queenstown across the lake (nice for jogging, too).

It's a small hotel with 14 or so rooms. Mine was contemporary, tasteful, roomy and comfortable, though there's no real view from the hotel. The breakfasts were as described here -- yummy choices, good barista coffee, newspapers to read. Most enjoyable for me was the evening wine and cheese tasting, where I got to meet fellow guests and exchange restaurant and adventure sports suggestions.

The staff I met was youthful, friendly and invariably helpful -- which made my visit to Central Ridge altogether the kind of travel experience we seek at Trip Advisor. Good work by all.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I normally stay at the Heritage when I go the Queenstown. However by some amazing chance this time I got to stay at Central Ridge. I will never stay anywhere but there again. Central Ridge offered the best service I have never seen. They treat you like a valued customers and not just another number like other hotels. As well as this they are only 2 mins walk from the centre of town. So if you want service you deserve stay there.

Reviewed October 19, 2008

I booked this hotel through wotif.com and got 150nzd per night tax inclusive with breakfast. We stayed at the hotel for a total of 3 nights and loved it!

The hotel is centrally located, just 5 minutes walk to downtown from the hotel by a short cut (ask the staff). This is handy because parking in downtown queenstown is tricky with limited spaces available. Parking in the hotel is free based on availability, but we never had a parking problem anyway because there're less than 20 rooms in the hotel.

The room is spacious and properly heated, with great amenities. The bathroom floor is also heated and there're candles free to be lit in both the bathroom and the bedroom (romantic, ey?). There's free internet access! and if you need a laptop, they can lend you one :) .

The breakfasts were delicious! and worth waking up for hhh.

The staffs are their greatest assest, I would reckon. It was a really personalised service. They are very friendly and helpful, and remember you! They are also very thoughtful ; we kept our luggages at the hotel reception desk when we were away for one night at Dunedin and the next day when we got back our luggages had been delivered to our room.

The only drawback I can think of this hotel is there's no lift, but the staffs are helpful anyway; they will help you with your luggages.

I had horrible experience with the laundry. The hotel don't do laundry service, if you want your stuffs will be sent to the downtown laundrette. I laundered my jacket and it came back to me with its inner linings badly ripped! I complained to the company and all I could get was ten times the laundry price which is far short than what the jacket had costed me.

Overall the stay was pleasant. It's worth to bring your umbrellas and ponchos as the weather can be unpredictable sometimes.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple