Our booking had been made by our agent for a standard room many months ago. On checking in we were given room G6. It is a good size room but extremely disappointing as it leads onto a very narrow patio which then abuts a high building. There is no outlook except onto a hedge abutting the wall of the next building, making the room very dark and gloomy.There is a slight drain smell in the bathroom. The first morning we were awoken around 6.15 by a clattering of feet from above. It transpired that our room was under the kitchen/restaurant area and the noises were from staff and breakfast preparations. The owner tried to help the following morning by removing her shoes but it was the general noise that still awoke us.We requested to change rooms as we were staying for 3 nights. As there are only 2 standard rooms the manageress couldn't help.Bearing in mind the cost of this 'boutique' hotel with other nearby hotels with a much better outlook- we felt mugged.The property has several basic tiled floors and feels more like an ordinary motel.
On the first morning we had a long wait for breakfast with a very uninterested waitress ( the next day there was a lovely girl on duty).
We felt thoroughly let down particularly bearing in mind the price and website description.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central Ridge Boutique Hotel (“Central Ridge”) is perfectly positioned right in the heart of Queenstown, and it is a stone throw away from dozens of restaurants, outdoor cafes, and recreational activities that occupy the breezy waterfront and easy-going pedestrian malls. Central Ridge offers well-appointed, cozy and spacious rooms with a comfortable bed and continental breakfast. The team have plenty of local knowledge to guide and advice to you the best restaurants in town, fun filled outdoor activities. The attractions nearer to Central Ridge Boutique Hotel includes:- - Pedestrian mall at Queenstown centre (walking distance 2-3minutes); - Restaurants and outdoor cafe along side waterfront at Lake Wakatipu (walking distance 4-5 minutes); - Queenstown Garden (walking distance 2-3 minutes); - Steamer Whaft for the cruise “Lady of the Lake” to Walter Peak. They said no trip to Queenstown is complete without a cruise to Walter Peak High Country Farm (walking distance 4-5 minutes to Steamer Whaft); - Skyline Gondola (walking distance 10 minutes); - Coronet Peak ski area (driving 20 minutes) - Remarkable ski area (driving 40 minutes) - Vineyard tour activities (driving about 20 minutes) Our boutique hotel offers a very unique experience. We balance the privacy of a large hotel with the personal service of a boutique bed & breakfast. Queenstown accommodation doesn't get any better than Central Ridge Boutique Hotel, with its excellent value for money, and exceptionally high standards of accommodation, in-room massage, cafe and guest customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Central Ridge Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central Ridge Boutique Queenstown
- Hotel Central Ridge Boutique