The Bella Vista is a typical Kiwi motel, with a great location an easy short walk from central Queenstown. It is modern in design and quality, and on the face of it seems to have a lot to recommend it.
But when you transition from admiring the glossy brochure to actually staying at the property, you uncover some disappointments.
* Not real soap in bathroom - instead, it has those awful liquid dispensers for both hand basin and shower.
* Only shower, no bath
* Water temperature in shower randomly goes hot and cold while you are taking a shower
* Very poor dim lighting
* Only two easy chairs for a unit that claims to sleep four
* Internet costs a rapacious $25 for 1 GB, $15 for 500 MB. Total ripoff.
* A toll-free phone call was charged 52c. Another total ripoff.
* You have to insert your key-fob to turn on the master power switch - a hassle if you want to leave a computer on, or the heater on so the unit isn't very cold when you return
* The cleaning woman barged into the room without knocking, then didn't apologize for doing so. 'Oh, I thought you'd gone out' was what she said; no idea why she would think that with our car immediately outside.
* A very unfriendly sign above the kitchen area rather destroyed any pretense at positivism (see photo)
Note that the motel was sold at the end of August. This review related to the last couple of nights under the old owner; it is possible the new owner might charge some of the policies and put decent lightbulbs into the units, etc. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION - Bella Vista Queenstown is the perfect place to stay, being only a short, flat 3 min walk to central Q'twn. If you are looking for clean, comfortable & affordable accommodation in a central quiet location, then look no further! Bella Vista is a 4 star Qualmark rated complex, with a variety of room/studio options to suit both couples, families, corporate & group travelers. Situated right next to the playing fields, looking up to the Gondola, surrounded by gorgeous alpine scenery. Shops, Supermarkets and a variety of Restaurants, cafe's & bars are all within walking distance. Enjoy complimentary Wifi on check in, plenty of on site parking. So close to all the activities Qtwn has to offer! Our warm friendly & informative service will make your stay both enjoyable and memorable. Relax & watch the tandem paragliders land in the field next door to the complex after a days skiing or sightseeing! We look forward to hosting you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bella Vista Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Bella Vista Hotel