We arrived in town with no accommodation on a Saturday afternoon. From guide book rang Novotel Queenstown. Gentleman answered, but wasn't sure what rooms were available and at what cost.....suggested he could ring me back after checking. Not good enough we thought, rather surprised, but called in anyway because of its position in town and was able to get a "back room" less noisy overlooking park fourth floor.
Agreed to valet parking, at $20 per night. Thought it would be secured under cover, but found car covered in dew on pickup next morning.
Having spent two weeks sampling NZ, we were surprised to find the Room with King bed quite small with small balcony. One large chair just fitted beside bed and one smaller chair at desk. So it was easier for one of us to sit on the bed watching the TV. Luggage space very limited. Design of shower rediculous. It was very narrow with glass petition half way along - then open ended, so water sprayed onto bathroom floor if not really careful. Drainage of shower very poor and slow on flat floor. No obvious ventilation working in internal bathroom was also undesirable.
Noted next morning after room made up that mugs used the night before and rinsed by myself, still had tea ring marks on them, not properly washed and left in Bathroom beside the sink with a wine glass, similarly washed. Not good enough......
We filled in a Guest Review card as above and left it in the room.
The Staff were friendly and helpful, the dining room was good, buffet breakfast good.
Being in a central position enabled easy walking to the foreshore actiivites, gardens, shops, cafes etc.
However we were disappointed in the Novotel's accommodation for the money spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most picturesque settings in the world, Novotel Queenstown Lakeside combines a stunning lakefront and in-town position with attentive professional service. Just 30 seconds from the cosmopolitan town centre and Queenstown's iconic activities, Novotel Queenstown Lakeside is the perfect hotel to start your Queenstown experience.The fresh, modern hotel offers 273 accommodation rooms with spectacular alpine, garden and lake views. Each contemporary styled room features LCD TV, mini bar, 24 hour room service, broadband internet and private balconies. Conveniently located on the mezzanine level, Elements Restaurant serves a full buffet breakfast and an innovative New Zealand influenced a la carte dinner menu featuring an eclectic mix of modern dishes using the best of New Zealand produce. Guests can also choose to relax and re-energise in our ground floor Elements Cafe & Bar which features comfortable lounge furniture and a double sided schist stone fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Queenstown Lakeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Queenstown Lakeside Hotel Queenstown
- Novotel Gardens Queenstown
- Queenstown Novotel