“Having the best horse ride in New Zealand with the most fun!”
Review of Moonlight Stables

Moonlight Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on an exciting horse trek riding through specacular country on a deer and sheep station overlooking the moontains and river. Only 15 mins drive from Queenstown. Enjoy our responsive horses and meet a truely local family. A real kiwi experience! Your trip will be personalized to your riding ability to ensure the best possible experience. Your safety is our priority.
The Hague, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Having the best horse ride in New Zealand with the most fun!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Having travelled all around the world I know about horses and people! You will find a hounest stable with great horses and haertwarming owners and very professional. I went with four people in a group and Janice was with us. I'm a experienced rider so I'm not that great on non privat horses...but the time with her and her horses were great. She understood and saw I was experienced and went a bit my own way, this was great. Thank you Janice. U think this is the most important,....No...at the end of course it is the humans who have the biggest influence on your experience...As I'm a corporate trainer I can see when wise people do wise things. Janice gave everybody a good experience, also non experienced riders, with a lot of humor! A life long memory of a beautifull horse trip on their privat farm...! The trip was eventfull for all and worth the money! Of course in different words: her personal attention and effort was great and fantastic! A wothwhile experience! Thank you Janice and hope to see you again! Heleen Hulshof

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Heleen8

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Terrible. We waited from 9.20 to 10.20am for our pickup which never came.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were thoroughly disappointed with Moonlight stables. The pick up was scheduled for 9.30am on the 17th August 2012. However, no one came to pick us up as we waited from 9.20am to 10.20 am. We have received confirmation Geoff Clear for our trip, the pickup timing and pickup address.

Calls to the stables were useless from
9.30am through to 10.20am. We could only get an answering machine with a message from Janice to leave a message. No emails or calls were received telling us that the trip was cancelled.

Disappointing...

12 Thank ZongHan
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horse Riding”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The guides where very welcoming and fun. Janice was extremely friendly and made us feel completely comfortable and safe on the horses. Jess also helped us took a lot of beautiful pictures. It is a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone that has either ridden horses before or is a novice as the rides are adjusted to the ability of the rider.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Pricillia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic ride”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I had a fantastic time horse riding. The guides where very welcoming and fun. Having ridden before they catered for different levels of ability in the group. Would recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing scenic ride.

1 Thank Daniel A
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Activity for our Honeymoon”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was by far the best thing we did during our honeymoon in New Zealand.
The horses were great, the locations were beautiful, and the guide, Janice, was excellent.
We were all given the freedom to roam at our own level, and this made a trip, which included 3 inexperienced riders, quite enjoyable for everyone. I would recommend this for everyone, regardless of age, group size, or reason for visit.
A fantastic morning. 10/10