$215
$193
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$132
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$171
Hilton
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$212
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$77
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$219
$200
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$177
$160
Hotels.com
$141
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$172
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Bill and Kari have set the gold standard for what a bed and breakfast experience should be. The view itself is worth the stay - Each room is situated with unbelieveable views of Lake Wakatipu and the mountains. One the most memorable parts of our trip was relaxing in the window seat of our private sitting room with a glass of wine and some snacks. A quiet time to reflect and take in the beautiful surroundings. Bill and Kari went out of their way to ensure that our stay in Queenstown fit us - They helped us organize activities and directed us to spectacular restaurants. They have a true love for New Zeleand and it shows. Every night they had inspirational quotes with chocolates on the bed with fun honeymoon games and decorations. The extra attention to detail made us feel so special. And the breakfast? Scrumptious! Come hungry though, beause Bill will try to talk you into all 3 courses (yes, 3 courses)! No one does B&B better - The relaxation found while staying at Pencarrow was the highlight of our trip. I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

What can be said about the Pencarrow experience which has not already been said? My husband and I stayed at Pencarrow for two nights over the New Years holiday. My experience there has spoiled me for all future B&B experiences. Pencarrow sets the gold standard on how a B&B should look, run and feel. Kari and Bill are excellent hosts and take great care of their guests. My husband and I are already talking about returning for next year.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 19, 2010

My wife and I stayed two nights in early December and had a wonderful time. Bill and Kari are incredible hosts who are a pleasure to talk to and who can seem to anticipate your needs.

We stayed in the lighthouse suite which is upstairs on one end of the house. The room was clean and nicely furnished. There was a separate sitting room with stunning views of Queensland and the Frankton arm of Lake Wakatipu. In the evening sun would set illuminating the mountains across the lake with an almost magical light. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. Pencarrow is set up on a hill far above the main road and other buildings. The bathroom had a wonderful tub and separate shower with his and hers sinks. The house has extensive grounds and gardens.

Bill and Kari were extremely knowledgeable about local activities. They have premade maps for many of the local areas and were able to help us identify hiking trails, jet boating companies, great restaurants and many other activities.

Breakfast was an gourmet production with at least three courses, each a treat to the senses. Both mornings we ate so much for breakfast we didn’t eat lunch.

I believe that we enjoyed our Queenstown visit much more than we would have if we had stayed at any other accommodation. It was not just the luxurious surroundings but really the homelike feeling and genuine warmth of the hosts that made this an experience to remember.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Pencarrow for two nights during our honeymoon and I cannot say enough about how wonderful and special it was to spend time there. Bill and Kari were unbelievably hospitable (and fun) and left goodies for us constantly. Bill even showed up at the airport in Queenstown to pick us up and drove us into town on multiple occasions. The breakfasts were the best we have ever had and our room was beyond lovely, with expansive views of Lake Wakatipu. I was so sad to leave, although we knew we had to keep the rest of our reservations in New Zealand. We HIGHLY recommend this gem!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I have been remiss in not posting a review and even though Bill and Kari have already been raved about here on Tripadvisor I felt I must add my comments - we stayed on two separate occasions at Pencarrow and it is one of our favourite places in the world.
Unforgettable views - bird's eye view of water and mountains.
Unforgettable rooms - spacious, elegant and immaculate
Unforgettable food - the breakfasts are to die for
Unforgettable hosts - Bill and Kari, special friends and great people
We have stayed in many unique and special accommodations and Pencarrow will always have a place in our hearts for so many reasons,
We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple