All reviews yogurt new zealand great hosts milford sound spent two nights breakfast was delicious rooms are small comfortable bed short walk town centre first morning boutique hotel shared balcony small fridge te anau quiet location bus stop
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Me n my husband stayed here during our honeymoon in Queenstown. We only stayed there for 2 nights out of 6 nights, I wish we could stay longer, but we've booked another accommodation in advance (we extended our trip 2 days longer quite last minute).
Yes the room was small, but not too small. Love the bathroom, so clean and interiors are so cute. I love the hints of red colour everywhere in the room: the drapes, throw pillow, towels and floor mats...
When we told Alex that we had to go on early trip the next morning, he left a breakfast tray on our table. The breakfast tray was amazing. I love the peaches and yoghurt. The second morning I had delicious poached egg with bacon n english muffins. The pesto on the plate sides was amazing too.
It was 5 mins walk to town, but coming back took slightly longer because of the uphill (little bit of exercise is good).
It might be a little pricey, but you couldn't put a price on cleanliness n comfort. The bed was also very comfortable.

Room tip: We got room number 6, the view was allright, but I think there should be rooms with better view. Ours could see into other houses' bathroom/kitchen, but we also get nice pink sakura-like tree in front of the window, n a little bit of mountain view.
Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I must admit I had no idea what to expect booking into The Chalet for this trip to Queenstown, but to say we were pleasantly surprised would be a global understatement!
From the moment we arrived I was struck not only by Alex's amazing hospitality but also the beautiful attention to detail in every facet of the place. It's a modern take on a BnB, matching beautiful decor with that feeling of being at home away from home. It's only 5 minutes to walk to the centre of town, so it's massively convenient. Our rooms were warm, immaculately tidy, and, all the finishing touches were so thoughtfully placed. AND to top it off, the European Breakfast we got was SO good!!! We had bacon and eggs, muesli, cereals, toast... With options to suit everyone.

As you can tell, I'm leaving very impressed!

If you're looking for a great place to stay in Queenstown at a really good price, then I would give The Chalet my highest recommendation!!

This is definitely the place I'll be hoping to stay when I'm next in Queenstown.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Samantha W
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We booked one night at the Chalet through I-site at Christchurch Airport - what a pleasant surprise! We arrived after dark after driving from Christchurch, so did not get a good feel for the view from our patio doors. What an amazing view we woke up to! Across the lake to the snow-covered mountains. Wow. Beautiful. Our breakfast, cooked by Alex, was more than expected - I loved the added touch of the drizzle of pesto around the plate of scrambled eggs and some of the best bacon I've ever tasted. Delicious! We now have to plan another trip to New Zealand "some day", with at least a week in Queenstown.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was lucky to arrive during low season and got a good deal on my room. It was so nice and comfortable, watching TV in bed was a doddle with heaps of cosy pillows to snuggle up to. Waking up to the views of the surrounding mountains was amazing, plus I was lucky enough to have snow on the peaks, the host told me it was the first dump of the season which had everyone excited around town. Queenstown is such a fun vibrant town to visit and the chalet is in walking distance to almost everywhere. There is a slight hill to contest with but nothing too bad. Overall the chalet was very good value and constantly warm and homely.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Alex, our Chalet Host went above and beyond to ensure our stay was memorable. From when we checked in till we left he was always available to answer our many questions. He knew everything about the town. His gorgeous little dogs, Louis and Monty gave us a lovely warm and friendly welcome also. Breakfast were beautiful and I really liked the wide selection of fruits and yogurt while my husband got stuck into his bacon and eggs!

Date of stay: April 2012