“A Life time of memories, forever in our hearts, never forgotten...”
Review of Trelawn Place

Trelawn Place
Reviewed December 18, 2009

My name is Phoebe and my partner Michelle and I stayed with Nery and Micheal for 10days. We were there to celebrate our civil union with our family and friends, so we decided to book the whole of Trelawn Place. From beginning to end, booking over a year ago to the day we said goodbye, our hosts were close to being our second parents. They cared for our every need; our rooms were clean and tidy every day; woken to smiles and a hearty breakfast; sunshine and a view to die for. We chose Trelawn because of its beauty and serenity. But most of all we wanted our family and friends to go away feeling; this is something special and never to be forgotten. And, Nery and Micheal, we achieved our goal. Everyone wants to come back. Queenstown is an amazing place; one in a million, but we forget that it is the people who live and work there who make our memories of our lifetime. Michelle and I want to thank you both for making our dream come true. Oh must'nt forget Sarah and Rusty...(the corgies) just that taste of home..
So, my family and wedding party stayed with us and we were accommodated by our hosts; we had two large BBQ evenings; our ceremony and venue was there; our after events were there and our absolute privacy to relax and be family was always there. A place we will continue to celebrate special moments in our lives. Always Phee & Michellexx

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 18, 2009

I had been looking at this B&B on tripadvisor for some time, and when the opportunity came up to put together my trip to the South Island, I was quick to book in. I was not disappointed. My wife and I stayed in the Cherry Tree Cottage, and had a wonderful time. Queenstown is busy, especially in winter, and Trelawn was a nearby oasis where we could relax and recharge for the next day of excitement. We watched the shotover jet boats scooting over the river just below the property in the morning, and the lights of Coronet Peak ski field from the hot tub at night. The cottage had internal laundry, and Nery & Michael were gracious and very accommodating. I'll certainly stay again the next time I'm in Queenstown.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the cottage, and discovered, also, that breakfast was not included. But the biggest problem by far was that the serenity of the place (and it really is lovely) was totally destroyed by not one but 2 weddings while we were there. We were not warned by the owners and could not escape the crowds and especially the late night noise. We were prisoners in our room and when we mentioned our displeasure to the owners, they did not even offer to provide a rebate for the disturbance. MAKE SURE that no weddings are booked when you stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lalamothe
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We booked the whole of Trelawn for our wedding. It was a brilliant venue, only a 5 minute drive from the hustle and bustle of Queenstown but it seemed like we were in our own little World. The gardens were perfectly manicured, the setting was perfect in everyway from where to hold the ceremony, where to eat and where to set up the band. Go on treat yourself to this venue for any small to medium sized event.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank LeeandAnnie
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I was living in New Zealand after college graduation for 6 months, and my parents came over from the US to visit and travel around. I looked into B&B's and homestays all over the Queenstown area, and was stunned by the amount of competition in the area. We only had two nights in Queenstown (not enough!) so I wanted to choose a place a little off the beaten path that would allow us to soak it all in. Nothing generic, something with a view, and not right in the city center. Trelawn B&B popped up and I instantly booked. FYI, the website does not do this place justice.

About 3km from the center on the road to Arrowtown, Trelawn is tucked away on a cliff overlooking the Shotover River. We pulled up pretty tired after a long haul and were SO happy to find ourselves at this gorgeous hidden treasure. Two adorable corgis greeted us while Nery led us to the apartment, where I had a bed downstairs and my parents took the bedroom upstairs. The place was very well-kept and charming, and the view from our porch was absolutely insane. You can see the jetboats whizzing by below on the Shotover's crystal blue water, and the silence in the air is heavenly. The garden is stunning...we were just so happy the whole time.

When the corgis hadn't seen us emerge one morning around 9, they came to the back door of the apartment to summon us to breakfast. These dogs were so awesome - we let them in to play a few times and went on a nice walk. Breakfast was wonderful and Nery helped us book some activities for the day. Jetboating is right around the corner along with parasailing, and it's an easy jaunt to the city for everything else. Honestly, I would've been thrilled to hang out at Trelawn all day.

It's a mistake to miss Queenstown in general, but an even bigger mistake to miss this place. We just loved every ounce of it.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank annie0971
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I planned our self-drive vacation through a local tour agency and every day of these two weeks has been a pleasant surprise - more beautiful scenery, more thrilling activities and wonderful accommodations. Following some advice from TripAdvisor website we decided to stay in B&Bs and it proved to be the right choice. We felt like as a bonus to wonderful lodging and delicious meals we also had a chance to experience culture a little bit. Friendliness of people in NZ is quite remarkable.

Trelawn was the last B&B where we stayed and it was absolutely the best. The location is breathtaking. It sits almost on the edge of a cliff with a gorgeous view of the river! The house is surrounded by rose garden! On the very edge of the cliff there is a hot tub that we enjoyed one of the evenings - surreal experience, I must add - you look down off the cliff at the river, you look up at bright stars, you enjoy the warmth of the tub and freshness of cool air - and all that in absolute quite!!!!

We enjoyed our room too - we had a living room and kitchen downstairs, and bedroom - upstairs.

The hosts, Michael and Neri, were the most helpful recommending activities, making our stay comfortable.... But it also felt like we were visiting friends. That's an amazing thing about NZ - we were on the opposite side of the earth and felt so at home!

Needless to say - we are going back!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2008

Arrived to find that we had been upgraded for our 2 night stay to the Cherry Tree Cottage. A nice welcome and much appreciated.
The Cottage itself was a comfortable home from home with superb views over the Shotover River.
The overall location of Trelawn Place is splendid, up in the hills just outside Queenstown allowing for seclusion with many pleasant walks available to the river below. The gardens are also very well maintained and a pleasure to walk round
The hosts, Nery and Michael, are much travelled and we spent much time over an excellent breakfast discussing trips both past and proposed.
They are also helpful in advising on excursions, restaurants etc.
We took their advice and ate at Gantleys Restaurant which provides a pick up service from Trelawn.
We probably had our best dinner of our entire trip there although it was the most expensive (150NZ$ for 2).
Overall. a highly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nick M