“Best Wedding Ever!!!”
Review of Trelawn Place

Trelawn Place
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at Trelawn two nights for my daughter's wedding. Such a beautiful place - perfect for a relaxed and beautiful ceremony. The accommodation is very comfortable - we had the whole wedding party there in the different rooms and cottages. Nery and Michael made everything easy. I was so proud to invite my family and friends to this place - it was exceptional.

Room Tip: There are only a few and they all have their charms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill C

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We had our wedding at trelawn in dec 2011, it is a truley amazing place, the views are spectacular and the rooms are 5 star, We couldnt ask for a better place for our special day! Nery and Michael were awesome, they put together a wedding package and everyone that went loved it. They were very helpful and perfect hosts we would recommend staying here it is a real gem.

Room Tip: Pick any room they are all amazing
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed here back in 2008 and had a great time! I was there in the winter time and was very cozy. I thought the location was very good. Yes, it is outside of Queenstown, but the drive is short and scenic. I was just there on holiday but this place would be great for weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries, etc. The owners are extremely friendly and were able to recommend lots of things to do. Definitely give this place a look.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Trelawn Place is a real gem! Nestled on top of Arthur's Point, just 5 minutes out of Queenstown, it is a world class establishment run by professionals that the whole family can enjoy. The view of the Shotover River and Coronet Peak is almost out done by the best roses I have ever seen in a private garden! We stayed in The Apartment, two adults, a teenager and a ten year old. There was plenty of room and we were all comfortable and able to find our own space around the property. After a day of hectic adventuring in and around Queenstown the Trelawn is the perfect place to unwind. We loved the spa that overlooks the Shotover and the walk down to the River (accompanied by a corgi). Nery and Michael are the perfect hosts, nothing is too much trouble and the breakfasts are delicious! We will definitely be back .... soon.

Room Tip: Get Tiggers Tree house if you are a romantic couple, it's sooo beautiful! However, all the room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Myself, my flatty, my nephew and his g/f all went down to Queenstown for a long weekend. I found Trelawn just by chance after phoning around a few places in Queenstown to see if I could book somewhere that would allow us to bring our four legged hairy baby (George) along too. Michael and Nery were more than happy for us to bring George.
The property is set in absolutely beautiful scenic setting, the views are breathtaking and it's only about 5 minutes drive fron Queenstown. We were greeted by Nery and their own hairy babies on arrival and shown to our lovely, cosy cottage to the side of the main house. Michael had the fire going for us and the electric blankets on in our beds..lovely!
George was a bit aprehensive at first with Rusty and Sara (the resident corgi's)...I think an unspoken pact was eventually agreed...stay out of way while the messy bulldog eats his dinner on the porch.....wait till the coast is clear and QUICK get in for the leftovers ha ha it seemed to work for them.
We had a pretty busy day on the Sat in Queenstown but got back to the cottage just after t to find fire had been re-stocked for us and George was happily snoring in front of it (litte did we know that Michael and Nery had taken him out for a stroll in the afternoon....they didn't get too far ha ha lazy bulldog!). After a few tipples we headed down to the outdoor jacuzzi to relax and watch the shooting stars until our bones were relaxed and our skin resembling that of a prunes! The following day we headed up the mountain for a spot of snow boarding, which is only about 15 min away in the car and we managed to squeeze in a bungee jump before heading back to the shakey ground of Christchurch.
This was an excellent weekend, our accommodation was brilliant, cosy and warm. Michael and Nery are great hosts who make you feel welcome, comfortable and happy.
We could have happily stayed another week or 2. We will definately be back again, I would highly recommend this accommodation to all and for those who are responsible dog owners (there are some that ruin it for us others...prob why it's so hard to get accommodation that will take pets!!) , Michael and Nery go out of their way to make ur four legged baby's welcome too.
Thank you so much for having us! We can't wait till our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Siobhan9780
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We are Queenstown locals and chose Trelawn for our wedding and reception and are so glad we did. Nery and Michael were great hosts and so helpful in the lead-up to the wedding. We hired the whole venue so that our families could also spend the night of the wedding there and they all loved it. Breakfast in the morning was great too. We would definitely recommend this b+b for anyone looking to stay in a beautiful location just a short drive out of Queenstown.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I have read everything about how beautiful this place is, and boy, was I blown away when I saw it for myself! This has to be the most beautiful place I have ever lived in. The garden was maintained by the owners Michael and Nery to perfection. Among the plants were roses, and an apple tree (I wanted to pluck one to eat but managed to stop myself). The hosts made us feel really at home (ok, if my home is in heaven).
Its was raining and cold when we arrived. Michael and Nery welcomed us with some hot tea and cakes, and we had a little chat at the fire place. Their 2 dogs were very friendly and kept wanting to snuggle up to us, though the 2 cats couldn't care less! Afterwards we were shown our room (we had the Floydies room). It was a lovely country-styled room with an attached toilet . I don't find the furniture dated at all. I think they add to the charm. O, and there is free wifi!
Despite its secluded location, it is just a short 5-minute drive to town. This is a fantastic place in a fantastic location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple