“Great location, price, service and quality!”
Review of The Waterfront

The Waterfront
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed in June 2014, 2 x adults, 2 x kids 7 & 5. We were in room 3 on level 5. Quality 2 bedroom apartment, clean, and most importantly WARM. Heated flooring and heated towel rails. Washing machine and dryer in room was handy. Full kitchen with everything you could need. Location was great. Basically IN town, and very easy ( flat) walk to town centre / restaurants / shops etc, even with kids. View over the lake was great. Jiri at reception was a great help, and always on hand to give advice and directions about places to visit eat etc, weather reports, day trips. Overall, very impressed with this place. Car parking not a problem. Highly recommended !

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have lake views. Room 3 had a nice gas/ log fire. No road noise from level 5.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nathan k
Jiri L, Front Office Manager at The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Your kind words are very much appreciated as we continue to drive to be our guest's favorite accommodation provider.

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback about our apartment, friendly team members and convenient location.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to BreakFree The Waterfront again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at Breakfree Waterfront for two nights during the Winter Festival, but managed to get a great winter rate as I booked in advance. What a bargain at less than US$120 per night! The studio was large, light-filled, stylish, and spotlessly clean; had incredible unobstructed views of Lake Wakitipu and the Remarkables; and its own huge private terrace. The kitchenette had a fridge, microwave oven, and stove top. No toaster, which was okay as I brought instant oatmeal for breakfast. The studio also had a small sofa/loveseat and a dining table. The bathroom was modern, with a towel warming rack. No tub, but a large shower with two shower heads (though I was alone).

The flat screen TV had dozens of SKY TV channels, so I could watch BBC, Prime TV, or PBS News Hour on Face TV (if I wanted to). The heating system kept me warm at all times, and the bathroom even had comfy underfloor heating.

My penthouse studio, which was on the top floor and set back from the street, was quiet, despite the fact Breakfree Waterfront sits on a main road (the road that runs from Queenstown to Glenorchy), though I should mention there is hardly any traffic on this road at night.

The location was perfect, next to the Crowne Plaza, which was handy as I was in town to attend a wine tasting there. Restaurants, shops, and "the Station" (pick-up spot for some tours, Track Net, and the Alpine Connections bus) are also a few minutes walk away.

I think there are many great accommodation values in Queenstown, especially from April to October. I've stayed at a few different places, and they've all had something worth recommending. I would love to stay here again, in this very same studio. The elevator only goes as far as the floor below, so I had to lug my suitcase up a flight of steps. This was no big deal for me and worth the effort, but this could be a deterrent for others.

In my opinion, the only thing missing from this wonderful studio was a king size pillowtop bed with big fluffy pillows, but the bed was good enough—I guess you can't have everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank PassarinhoAzul

Kia ora PassarinhoAZUL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at BreakFree The Waterfront
I was delighted to read your comments on the great location and our studio room.

Thank you again for your kind review and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We (family of 4 adults and 1 child) stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment at Breakfree the Waterfront. The best apartment hotel I have stayed so far. Everything was brand spanking new and done very tastefully right in front of the Wakatipu lake. Spacious, modern, practical and user friendly. Very friendly staff and reasonable prices. Couldn't ask for more. would definitely visit again.Keep it up.

Room Tip: We stayed at water facing apartment with fabulous views and would recommend anyone to use water faci...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Yogi,

Thank you for choosing BreakFree The Waterfront for your recent visit to Queenstown.
It was wonderful to know that you had a great experience and enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Queenstown is one of those places that I imagined as pristine and just beautiful... And that's exactly what I got, from the day I arrived in this accommodation. The balcony of our suite is just across Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables as a backdrop. The suite itself was clean and modern with modern conveniences. I even got to park my car inside as the manager offered a spot usually for residents. Location is perfect as it is only walking distance to the centre. Good for families and small groups!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank YogCT

Kia ora,

Thank you very much for you kind review. I am glad to hear your stay at Breakfree The Waterfront was comfortable and enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with our 2 children and all loved it. It is located within very easy walking distance to the town centre and gondola station, and has a view across the lake to the beautiful Queenstown Gardens. It was a real pleasure to sit at our dining table for breakfast every morning watching all the activity on the lake. The apartment itself was very comfortable and well appointed with a full-sized kitchen and quality fittings to make it a real home away from home. Would love to stay here again one day.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Jiri L, Front Office Manager at The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Kia ora Michelle,

Many thanks for your kind words following your stay with us at Breakfree The waterfront.

We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I booked at Breakfree based on the reviews I read on TripAdvisor. It is well located and within easy walking distance of the town centre which is a big bonus. The lounge and kitchen area is very comfortable. However after those two positives the rest is very average. The bedrooms are very small, nearly claustrophobic the bathrooms are only made for one person at a time, the beds are hard and the bed linen is low quality. The absolute worst aspect is the parking if that is what you could call it. The undercover parking is in spaces made for micro mini cars. If you have a family size car and get a parking space you will be lucky to be able to get out of your car. Overall I would rate this as a three star establishment so if you book it be prepared for that level of service. The rooms are only serviced every four days.
Carl

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Carlwulff
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I didn't know what to expect with this one as it was booked by my agent; we had been to Queenstown before and I didn't enjoy it as it is really touristy. But this place changed my whole view of the place and I wished that we were had been able to stay more than one night.

The location is really great, straight opposite the boardwalk for the waterfront but far enough away from the town to not hear the revelers. The view was to die for, the light on the lake and hills changed constantly making every view a new one.

The apartment was really outstanding 2 vast squashy sofas, a fully fitted kitchen and all the comforts of home but with a real air of quality. The underground parking was a real bonus although we were so central that once parked we didn't need the car again. Welcome was vriendly and check in/out quick and efficient.

I want to add that I have stayed in a couple of Breakfree venues in Oz and Nz and found the invariably clean, well presented and of good quality.

Room Tip: All apartments have a lake view but the higher floors are quieter. I guess if you could afford it g...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pumski

Kia ora,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Breakfree The waterfront.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed all aspects of The Waterfront experience.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Waterfront in the future.