“I didn´t want to leave”

Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have now words to say how great it was my experience at Crowne Plaza Queenstow.
The hotel is extremely cozy, rooms and bathroom very comfortable with a balcony and a great view to the city (they have a great location).
The restaurant is amazing, nice breakfast and nice food. They have a bed bar surrounded by some fireplace.
The staff is the best, especially Fiona Lawson (Chief Concierge), Glenys and Patricia (Reservation Department).
The only "negative aspect" is that you don´t want to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Attended a recent conference, and had a very nice stay. ^th floor room overlooking the mountains and lake, comfortable kingsized bed and good pillows. Had a lunch and dinner in the restaurant and found it nice quality. Close to shops and very central. Last time I stayed at Ridges, but prefer the Crowne Plaza for convenience and comfort (and price).

Room Tip: I was in 617 at the end of the corridor, with a good view, and no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When I made the booking I called the Hotel to check if they can accommodate for gluten free guests - I ended up speaking to the chef who is gluten free himself. That covered breakfasts, and on the Sunday night is was raining heavy so we decided to eat in. Superb eye fillet steak and sides, all gluten free. Other than that, the views from the room across the lake are fantastic and everything else was 5 star.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the lake. It is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If it's on a clear day, nothing prepares you for your first flight into Queenstown, there is simply not enough adjectives to describe it. The Crowne Plaza is positioned in Queenstown's Dress Circle, almost on the shore of Lake Wanaka, with sweeping views across the lake to the imposing mountain range.

My room was located on the top floor (Level 7) at the city end of the Hotel, when you walk into the room, you are presented with a view that is picture postcard perfect. The room itself is reasonably spacious, with large glass sliding doors that open out on to a lovely balcony.
There is an odd little quirk with the 7th floor, that suggests it may have been a later edition, that being, the lifts go up to the 6th Floor, so you are left to negotiate stairs up it.

The breakfast at the Crowne Plaza is outstanding, I thoroughly enjoyed it, plus they have a Chef Station where they can cook omelettes etc. to order, the coffee is good as well. The reality is, that the centre of Queenstown is so small, that nothing is more than a 10 minute walk away from the hotel. It's worth noting, that there is a well stocked Convenience Store which is open late, right next door, as well as a nice Pub right across the road.

Queenstown boasts being the "Adventure Capital of the World", I noted during my stay, that a very vibrant and jovial female Concierge was on duty. Fiona, was wearing the Golden Crossed Keys of Les Clefs dÓr, so if you wish to test your limits, have a chat with her, she convinced me to Swan Dive off a Bridge, I was tethered at the time, and yes, my mental state was in tact.

One lasting impression of Queenstown, is that when looking into the night sky behind the hotel, you would swear an Alien Spacecraft is hovering above the township. Don't panic, its not the end of the world, it's just the Function Centre and The Gondola up to the Mountain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
NZIHG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Foghorn27,

Thank you for your very kind review of us here at Crowne Plaza Queenstown.

We greatly appreciate your time to review your stay and I am thrilled you enjoyed our spectacular views we have on offer.

I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to Fiona who I know will appreciate your kindness.

Kind regards,

Reinier. H Eulink

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel and its employees bent over backwards to make our 2 night stay in Queenstown perfect. Not only did they upgrade our room, they were able to arrange private tours on no notice for my husband when he wanted a fly, ship, fly tour of Milford Sound, and after that a bungee jump. Very acceptable restaurant for service and food, probably better in town. We are on a 10 week trip around the world, and this place was the best yet!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Crowne Plaza from the 12th till the 18th of may. Our stay was wonderful! We stayed in a suite on level 6. The room was the perfect size for us although the bathroom is very small in comparison to the bedroom and living room. The views are breath taking as the crowne is just across the road from the lake. The location is perfect and is a minutes walk from the town and close to the attractions as well. The staff were friendly and helpful! The buffet breakfast was great as well and it even had a juicer for fresh juice.

If we come back to queenstown we wouldnt think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Although we did'nt have the pleasure of staying at the Crowne Plaza this trip we did have dinner at the Restaurant for my Birthday. Our waiter Peter was delightful and the meal was superb but the highlight was Peter and two other waiters coming to my table with a little Birthday cake and they were singing like the three tenors, well done guys if we come back to Queenstown we we definitely stay at Crowne Plaza. Our son and his two little boys have booked in for the next school holidays

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Fay H,

Thank you so much taking the time to review your dining experience in threesixty at Crowne Plaza Queenstown.

I am thrilled Petr and the team were able to leave a lasting impression with you and they were delighted to read your review. They certainly aim to please and I can see on this occasion they have exceeded your expectations which is our every intention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Queenstown in the near future.

Kind regards,