A three night stay at this beautiful hotel confirmed that its location is second to none and that in most respects it should be more highly regarded by Trip Advisor visitors. The staff are well trained and well groomed, attentive and genuinely interested in making sure we were well looked after. The room was exactly what you would expect from a 5 star Qualmark rated hotel. And generally the prices for the hotel were justified. Our only gripe came with our last nights dinner in the well regarded Lombardi restaurant. Some of the food was beautiful, but certain aspects were typical of hotel food - just not quite up to the 5 stars the rest of hotel purports to be. We also had a suspect bottle of wine, which was changed without question, but the replacement was some $22 more expensive - we had been led to believe the replacement was a 'similar' standard and price. And the biggest disappointment a side dish, described as 'crushed potatoes' that were not crushed in any way - just potatoes cut in half and roasted. At the table our enquiry into this met with some derision from the kitchen staff and inadequate explanation from the waiting staff - but perception is reality from a customer's perspective and we left the restaurant somewhat bemused - definitely underwhelmed. The request at reception to have an explanation of the dish given the following morning went unactioned and this did mar an otherwise favourable experience at the hotel. No doubt we would choose this hotel again, but they have some detail to attend to if they are to convince us that they are more a luxury boutique hotel, rather than just a luxury brand as part of a wider hotel group - there is a difference!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Defined by a warm spirit and distinctive style that embodies the spirit of Queenstown. Blending understated luxury with warmth, and genuine hospitality, Hotel St Moritz is superbly located in town and has panoramic lake and mountain views. Offering traditional Guest Rooms, One or Two Bedroom Alpine Suites, each room cleverly blends timeless classics with modern essentials to ensure refined comfort. Dine in Lombardi - a relaxed ambience, offering an array of dining styles and spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, ACCOR, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel St Moritz Queenstown - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Moritz Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- St Moritz Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown St Moritz Hotel