Travelling with family and decided to finish our final 2 days stay in queenstown at st moritz. I guess if our expectations weren't so high we would have appreciated our stay a lot more. The reception is beautiful and the staff was friendly. However when we went to our room which is situated a level below reception, the old hallway was very dark and smelly, quite depressing as you entered from the brilliant sunshine outside. The room itself was arge, although there was no view. The positives was the excellent shower water pressure. The negatives was the bedding, whereby the mattress bunched up around as you slowly sunk further and further into a hole. The sofa bed was not much better unless you enjoy sleeping on metal springs. I was surprised that there was no safety box in the room, which I thought was standard in anything over 4stars..we didn't want to bother going to reception each time we wanted to retrieve our valuables. Overall it was just a tired old hotel, the shower was full of mould, the bathroom sink plug became stuck and although we called for service no one actually came, therefore brushing teeth, washing hands etc was a hassle until the following day after we managed to finally wrestle the plug out....The outdoor spas although I think we're supposed to look rustic looked old and completely uninviting. At times it felt more like a nice motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Defined by a warm spirit and distinctive style that embodies the spirit of Queenstown. Blending understated luxury with warmth, and genuine hospitality, Hotel St Moritz is superbly located in town and has panoramic lake and mountain views. Offering traditional Guest Rooms, One or Two Bedroom Alpine Suites, each room cleverly blends timeless classics with modern essentials to ensure refined comfort. Dine in Lombardi - a relaxed ambience, offering an array of dining styles and spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel St Moritz Queenstown - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Moritz Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- St Moritz Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown St Moritz Hotel